•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Very nicely put @Vanessa8580 and @Kalahari. Spot on. Safety was the last thing on the mind for them. Too many people in the car with lots of distraction for the driver. Safe distance not followed and wrong approach with lack of momentum all were culprits in this gentle flip. Good lessons to learn from this, thank you @desertdude for posting this video.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I have seen this long time back. I will let the newbies and Fewbies take a crack at what went wrong here. Nowadays most 4x4s are made lighter, with crumple zones and with materials which get effected easily. This could be due to emission levels which they need to control, in the name of safety or just for cost cutting to keep their costs low and profit margins high. Most manufacturers don't make money while selling cars, but from selling spares, this car is going to need all the left side panels at the minimum.

This thread is almost 30 pages long and filled with rolls and tip overs but none of the cars ends up looking like used tin foil. 

I've rolled 3 times myself and never seen this.

This is most probably due to shit sheet metal bracing and the ugly Pajero bulbous shape with the fat wheel arches and hips.

I was honestly shocked how much it was damaged with just a simple low speed tip over like this. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, desertdude said:

This thread is almost 30 pages long and filled with rolls and tip overs but none of the cars ends up looking like used tin foil. 

This is most probably due to shit sheet metal bracing and the ugly Pajero bulbous shape with the fat wheel arches and hips.

I was honestly shocked how much it was damaged with just a simple low speed tip over like this. 

It might buff out with some Turtle Wax.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 7/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, desertdude said:

We dont see how badly or nicely it has been recovered in the video.

If it was recovered by a rope attach to wrangler as seen few minutes before, then that wrangler must have coughed out lungs to turn this rhino, resulting in 5-10 failed attempt resulting in damaging the whole body.

Flips are better with winch, if with rope then two cars and two ropes atleast, 3 is blessing.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, Gaurav said:

We dont see how badly or nicely it has been recovered in the video.

If it was recovered by a rope attach to wrangler as seen few minutes before, then that wrangler must have coughed out lungs to turn this rhino, resulting in 5-10 failed attempt resulting in damaging the whole body.

Flips are better with winch, if with rope then two cars and two ropes atleast, 3 is blessing.

Defenders Of The Jero! lol

7 hours ago, Emmanuel said:

Lucky guy... What was wrong here? 

Ez tuu mucj bowar

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use