•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

15 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

I heard the flaps should o also be at certain angle to assist take off.

Should have been at flap 5 instead of flap 1 and he pulled back on the yoke too early before reaching V2 ( takeoff speed ) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sertac said:

Not an expert at all but it seems to me as the driver simply forgot that he/she is driving on sand, such crazy speed was like he/she is on an endless runway...

My question is why would do that or behave like that?

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Anish S said:

Not an expert at all but it seems to me as the driver simply forgot that he/she is driving on sand, such crazy speed was like he/she is on an endless runway...

My question is why would do that or behave like that?

My guess he was trying to do a jump but a proper jump like in below video. To do that he needs a suspension system matches to the purpose and proper training. Also of course you have to know what is behind the dune. 

Note for everyone i am sure all of you aware but never ever try this. I wont end well. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

not an expert that i can say what others havent already ... but i guess he should have given a few slower trials before the "finale" to understand the terrain and the vehicle's response to the terrain. 

probably also should have gotten rid of the front bumper to increase the ground clearance just like I did on my grand cherokee😅! would have probably prevented ... how should i say ... a dig in perhaps. 

could he have been on 2 wheel drive(unfamiliar with this vehicle config) hence he decided to keep high speeds ?

Edited by VipinShetty
  • Like (+1) 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 6:28 PM, Gaurav said:

Find at least 5-10 things that went wrong here. There plenty here in this flip.

Honestly and without reading the further comments I wanna give it  a try of what I think 

first : it seemed as it’s a “ pull to flip “ rather than pull/ tug to recover 🤔

second : the recovery car and the FJC both going against gravity ( for the FJC it’s obvious , and for the Pagero what got it worse is the recovery rop from the middle was elevated by small ground hump acting like a pulley with upward direction of about 30 degree and together with the rope angle it’s plus 60 toward left ( already the FJC was stuck in a tilt right up )

third : non kinetic rope 

fourth : no sand clearance 

fifth : both vehicles needed to be redirected for better recovery 

sixth : rear tug abit could save all day by permitting more distance in front of FJC to later go forward using created slop momentum 

Seventh : if its me as a newbie I would feel comfortable to do what I am not sure of and I will ask for advice if alone ( I will not go alone off course ) or seek advice from others more experience in the group 

• Like (+1) 5

On 12/5/2018 at 2:32 PM, Rahimdad said:

What went wrong here? Those who have been off roading will know even before the truck moves.

thank you @Rahimdad for the topic of what went wrong.

thank you all by each ones name who commented on the threads which I tried my best to see it all over the week end.

for me it was so useful and life is a learning process indeed. 
watching others incidents and analyze it from different angels is one of best tools to sharpen the growing experience . 

that’s why I suggested previously if at all possible to document our drives in Carnity to the best we can in a way that the seniors in Carnity see it better. 

Let our vehicles move on sand in convoy of trust ,safety and thrill.

cheers 🌷🚙

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use