•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Let's play a little at "What could have gone wrong?". Any comments on this successful recovery? What would you have done differently, and what could have happened (that luckily didn't)? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Let's play a little at "What could have gone wrong?". Any comments on this successful recovery? What would you have done differently, and what could have happened (that luckily didn't)? 

I could think of the following - 
1. I think they should have tried to recover from the rear.

2. seems like the radio was missing and the   Red car was revving even when the recovery car has stopped.

3. Accelerating too hard causing the car too dig in and making recovery more tougher. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 minutes ago, VipinShetty said:

I could think of the following - 
1. I think they should have tried to recover from the rear.

2. seems like the radio was missing and the   Red car was revving even when the recovery car has stopped.

3. Accelerating too hard causing the car too dig in and making recovery more tougher. 

Hi @VipinShetty. Surely #1 us true. It's possible also #2 (or the driver wasn't hearing/listening), and #3. Luckily, I think, the tow hooks held, and no damage occurred to any of the recovery points, tools, and most of all, to the cars.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

I believe reversing straight back with some shoveling as required will do the job . Also the slope is in favor of rope recovery from the back if needed.

regarding what could have gone wrong is that recovery against the gravity ramp is very difficult and in this one especially the two vehicles are at angels with the resultant vector of force toward the dune wall direct ,having that said damage to front car pumper , taw points damage ( as force is increased too much here ) is big risk 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

I believe reversing straight back with some shoveling as required will do the job . Also the slope is in favor of rope recovery from the back if needed.

regarding what could have gone wrong is that recovery against the gravity ramp is very difficult and in this one especially the two vehicles are at angels with the resultant vector of force toward the dune wall direct ,having that said damage to front car pumper , taw points damage ( as force is increased too much here ) is big risk 

Well said @Mohamed Seidam. That's my opinion about the danger lf this approach. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

in stage of denial thinking that 6000 hp wrangler can come out of its own.

I am afraid to say this is the most probable reason !! Unfortunately 

• Like (+1) 3

I think that on top of all the other comments:

The red car didn't have a visual to the front car because of the angle.  Radio was a must.  

Also, there were some bystanders, apparently too close to the cars, at risk of injury if the strap gets loose.

Edited by Alexander Alcala
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Very good point Alex, I think that coordinating guy raised his hand to stop maybe late or red wrangler just wanted sand shower when his cross tires are completely free.

Rear diff-lock might have said the situation a bit.

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

For seeing in front of your car radio isn't needed. He could have simply left gas.

Either red car is an Absolute Newbie or in stage of denial thinking that 6000 hp wrangler can come out of its own.

Correct @Gaurav bhai. 6000 ho can definitely help the Wrangler come out in China through the earthese core if he gives enough gas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use