•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

@Frederic Nuyttens and @sertac and @shadow79 good observations by all. I like @Frederic Nuyttens and @sertac explanation the best.

Very good observation from @skumar83.

• Like (+1) 5

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Frederic said:

1) The dramatic soundtrack was basically asking for dramatic results (just kidding).

2) I feel he went pretty far up the ridge and completely turned his wheel at the last minute, which created the roll-over. If i am not mistaken you should avoid turning the wheel completely and suddenly in the desert and especially on slopes. He then put on full throttle expecting he could push himself out but made it worse by doing so.

3) The backside of dune was very soft and it looked like a LWB Land Cruiser or at least a heavy long car but i could be wrong.

@Frederic i managed to find your land cruiser before the flip-flopImage result for desert drive quotes

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Ren13 said:

@Frederic i managed to find your land cruiser before the flip-flopImage result for desert drive quotes

Omg is that one of those tourist off-road organizations?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Both @Emmanuel and @Frederic are correct @Ren13 got the first part right. He did try to come up after overshooting the turning point which meant his car was already on the other side of the dune pulling him down. He was fighting gravity and tried to accelerate up.

The guess on the LC is wrong, here is a pic of that LC after the roll.

IMG-20190215-WA0010.jpg

• Like (+1) 7

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use