•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

21 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

WWW?

This looks like a difficult one 🧐🧐

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Well for one thing driver seemed to be distracted momentarily by the passenger pointing out at where they were supposed to be. In the desert a moment of distraction is enough to cause this result. Plus I think the were riding the ridge, so most probably the car was heavier to the left when shown to go right he tried to fight gravity to go right and ended up with the flip. Jeeps are a bit unstable in these kind of situations and one should always be more cautious when doing such manoeuvres in the Jeep. BTW the JL looks pretty good with an easy exit after the flip.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

18 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Well for one thing driver seemed to be distracted momentarily by the passenger pointing out at where they were supposed to be. In the desert a moment of distraction is enough to cause this result. Plus I think the were riding the ridge, so most probably the car was heavier to the left when shown to go right he tried to fight gravity to go right and ended up with the flip. Jeeps are a bit unstable in these kind of situations and one should always be more cautious when doing such manoeuvres in the Jeep. BTW the JL looks pretty good with an easy exit after the flip.

He was definitely fighting gravity. You can see it at the 20 seconds mark. I am familiar with that sand on the sides, that means turn the steering wheel and go down the dune.

It seems that when the passenger distracted the driver they ran out of dune to fight gravity with on the left side and the car just flipped on the right side where there was still sand so two big mistakes right there. 

I agree Jeeps are a bit unstable specially two doors I've driven the 4 doors of some friends and tend to be more stable than 2 doors. But 2 doors are more fun because of it. You have to be quick to correct the steering or else this happens. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing unusual, we did this all the time during trips called them sideys i.e coming down a dune sideways to impress the guests and work on our tips.lol

Summer the sand is totally dry, very soft and mobile as in no moisture at all holding it toghter. If he came down with a little more power, speed and forward momentum he would have slid down safely the slipface. 

• Like (+1) 3

At 0’03, when he ignored that while doing a sidey in soft sand, it’s mathematically impossible to go back uphill. If you loose momentum, all you can do is to steer down. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

And also I don’t know how many tourists he cramed on the backseats. It looks like they were one or two hundred 😂

6 guests plus one driver.

• Like (+1) 3

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use