•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

18 minutes ago, Shamil said:

I am glad that @Gaurav and @Srikumar said exactly what was on my mind. I just didn't want to say it first as i thought it would be best for the seniors to give their opinion. I too, totally agree that this mishap could have happened on any drive level as this particular incident had nothing to do with the "drive level" as such. In fact, this could have even happened in an absolute newbie drive. I have successfully crossed ridges on an angle, quite a few times before, so i know that i am capable of doing the same in an error free manner. On that particular day, it was an error on judgement in my part and in no way am i allowing this incident to discourage me from driving again on any level that the seniors deem fit for me to drive. In fact, on the contrary, I will be exercising way more caution going forward which will actually help me to become a better driver who is aware of the risks associated with ridge crossing. 

Hats off @Shamil. Such an enthusiastic guy. We all are waiting for your come back and looking forward to drive with you. 
In sha allah. 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Hats off @Shamil. Such an enthusiastic guy. We all are waiting for your come back and looking forward to drive with you. 
In sha allah. 👍🏻

Thanks habibi @Fuad. We have missed you buddy. Try and join us soon. I know you are based in Al ain but if time permits then please do join us.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Shamil said:

Thanks habibi @Fuad. We have missed you buddy. Try and join us soon. I know you are based in Al ain but if time permits then please do join us.

Yeah. Driving to dubai - desert - back to alain sometimes kill me. Most of the time i feel sleepy. 
insha allah will try to be there soon . 

Definitely miss my Carnity Family , @Rahimdad parataas too

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Fuad said:

What happened here ? 🤔

Turned a very sharp right at a pretty high speed. OR he fishtailed from applying to much gas and over steered to much to correct.

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 2 weeks later...

Another one in our famous series of WHAT WENT WRONG...

For all newbies this is an easy one and you should be able to figure out what the driver did wrong. 

@Xaf @Adam Marston @Halit Mert Issever @tjsingh

• Like (+1) 9

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I'll leave the actual what went wrong for others, but cameramen car could have given some stern warning or advise him to stop after the first incident, to avoid the second close call. Clearly shows that Silver Pajero maneuvering with tarmac estimates and had no clue how sand and dunes especially behaves.

Shouting in car is of no use, maybe they are without walkie talkie to relay such critical communication.

Looking forward to hear from our latest newbies.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use