•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Both @Halit Mert Issever and @Xaf have the right idea, speed plus fighting gravity. What about when this guy reversed out. BTW @Gaurav bhai at the end it seems they have a radio and they did the right thing by asking him to stop and give a thought about the events. Behind steering wheel in that frame of mind he could have only made more mistakes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Here are my observations:

• He clearly didn't follow the path on extreme right and thought of taking shortcut.
  • OR he followed the path but due to slow speed he slide down on soft patch.
    • Ideally at that point, he should have come down slowly to make another attempt without fighting gravity.
  • Due to slip face, its difficult for him to climb and still he fought the slip face with lack of momentum.
  • Lack of experience, made him think he can climb up and steer sharp left on such short space.
  • In end while reversing out of such situation, steering should be straight and come down slowly.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Here are my observations:

• He clearly didn't follow the path on extreme right and thought of taking shortcut.
  • OR he followed the path but due to slow speed he slide down on soft patch.
    • Ideally at that point, he should have come down slowly to make another attempt without fighting gravity.
  • Due to slip face, its difficult for him to climb and still he fought the slip face with lack of momentum.
  • Lack of experience, made him think he can climb up and steer sharp left on such short space.
  • In end while reversing out of such situation, steering should be straight and come down slowly.

I know this off-road group, I've heard about them, only bad things unfortunately. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

They did not keep a safe distance between two cars. Basically the second car entered the dune before the first one clears. I think the whole incident is tied to it; after the first car got stuck, second car did not have time and distance to slowdown and avoid the accident.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

20 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

They did not keep a safe distance between two cars. Basically the second car entered the dune before the first one clears. I think the whole incident is tied to it; after the first car got stuck, second car did not have time and distance to slowdown and avoid the accident.

Good input, but there is more. Any other takers?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

These XJ guys always think they are too smart and try to do something other than what the car in front has done. 😋

Just now, Srikumar said:

These XJ guys always think they are too smart and try to do something other than what the car in front has done. 😋

Same can be said for some RAV4 drivers as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Same can be said for some RAV4 drivers as well. 

Specially RAV4 drivers 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use