•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

1 hour ago, Javier M said:

Specially RAV4 drivers 😂

+1000000000000 Trillion

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Actually the Wrangler didn’t decelerate at all, as if he couldn’t see that the first car was cresting. Lack of attention? Do Wranglers have a visibility problem at this angle (I don’t know, never really drove one)? 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Actually the Wrangler didn’t decelerate at all, as if he couldn’t see that the first car was cresting. Lack of attention? Do Wranglers have a visibility problem at this angle (I don’t know, never really drove one)? 

Haha there is no visibility problem in wranglers the guy was just not paying attention.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Javier M said:

Haha there is no visibility problem in wranglers the guy was just not paying attention.

I agree, guy was just busy pushing the gas pedal and looking 2 meter ahead only.

My actual concern is who will winch these two guys now and how many calories workout is needed?

It's a @Frederic and @Shamil style "joint-stuck" together.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:47 AM, Javier M said:

Good input, but there is more. Any other takers?

I concur with @Halit Mert Issever. Primary reason for that incident was not keeping a safe distance.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:39 PM, Gaurav said:

I agree, guy was just busy pushing the gas pedal and looking 2 meter ahead only.

My actual concern is who will winch these two guys now and how many calories workout is needed?

It's a @Frederic and @Shamil style "joint-stuck" together.

😂😂

• Like (+1) 3

• 3 weeks later...

In the Hummer incident,The Cruiser was front-heavy , soft shackle would have been less dangerous but  an alternate angle should have been considered in my view. I was conveyed by the grapevine that in this case the shackle hit the steering wheel and then the chin of the Hummer driver but can't confirm this as a fact, he survived.

I have witnessed similar failure due to use of an eyelet instead of a properly rated tow hook resulting in the metal shackle ripping the eyelet like it was made of butter, then damaging the AC radiator and grill of the RAM being pulled .The RAM was being pulled by a Wrangler that was also a wrong vehicle due to the weight difference.

Edited by Atif
  • Like (+1) 3

I don't understand why when a vehicle is through to the other side of the dune and gets stuck, you need to pull it back over the dune. With the weight of the car, a little digging would have gone a long way if you need to pull it back. The angle at the back was also not a good one. Seen many accidents as such over the years and people never learn.

• Like (+1) 5

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use