•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

@Chirag S. this thread is for the newer people to identify and have a chance to learn from someone else mistake. The intention is for newer people to understand and not repeat the same mistake when they are in the desert. Go through the video again and see the reason for him slowing down. Please also pay attention to the load tied in at the back of the truck. You'll be amazed how many new things you can pick up every time you go through a video. Have to be patient and have to keep looking to find out what actually went wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

1 minute ago, Rahimdad said:

@Chirag S. this thread is for the newer people to identify and have a chance to learn from someone else mistake. The intention is for newer people to understand and not repeat the same mistake when they are in the desert. Go through the video again and see the reason for him slowing down. Please also pay attention to the load tied in at the back of the truck. You'll be amazed how many new things you can pick up every time you go through a video. Have to be patient and have to keep looking to find out what actually went wrong.

@Rahimdad bhai. Thanks for your concern and guidance. Well noted. But I can only see combination of low acceleration before roll over and not turning steering wheel towards downside and breaking in soft sand. For rest, I will observe expert views here curiously!! 

• Like (+1) 4

Regardless of anything I must give kudos to the guy who packed and then strapped down the cargo in bed, even after a roll most of it was still there.

Only a person who has worked in the desert with loaded pickups can appreciate that.

• Like (+1) 6

Few of my observations on this roll over:

• I think he didn't scouted the area before to do sidey or crossing attempting, as from the camera angle it was very clear to see the very soft sand pocket and slip face at the end.
  • As he didn't anticipated that's why he slowed down in end and then with limited momentum he tried to climb the slip face and got bog down in soft sand to flip.
  • If any one really wanted to be this adventurous then plan your exit before entering the dune and continue the momentum until you exit safely. And if encounter with soft patch like this give 200% throttle to test if you can cross, if not immediately steer down than waiting to see what gravity holds for you. His climbing speed and reaction time was very slow.
  • He might not have deflated enough as many such LC and patrol pickup farm boi live in non-deflated or partial deflated (25 psi) mind set and when they do such crazy stuff and car sink in soft sand, they realize that but its too late.
  • When car slowed down from 00:13-14 secs, I think he entered the soft patch as sand splash stopped at the same time. From there itself he should have exited or make second attempt with fully deflated tire and double the speed to ride and exit safely.
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

37 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

Also, but maybe it’s just an optical illusion, the pickup looks heavier on the right side, as if the cargo’s weight wasn’t well balanced. 

Here comes the wrath of LC pickup God now.......😱

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Sheesh such long theories as if the boson god particle  is being discussed here.

Guy was first of all was a fool doing sideys in a fully loaded pickup second the guy simply miscalculated the terrain by the time he realized it. It was too late, happens to the best of us/them.

I have driven through some tricky terrain with a loaded pickup but only because I had to and that was the only way all my fooling around was done with an empty bed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use