•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

• 1 month later...

I've found another one.

Please review and let us know what you think it went wrong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Wrangeld thanks for sharing, the speed was too much, so as said aiming for a huge dune which wasn't there.

@Javier M for the Jeep Cherokee with the back window open, wrong angle and tires pointing in wrong direction, best way to recover is with straight wheels from that kind of a stuck, thank God nothing really happened, but could well have been a very bad case. Thanks for sharing.

@Javier M for the Toyota Fortuner he was just trying to drift so the whole wait of the vehicle was on the right side at the point he came across a slight decline and the gravity did the rest. From the screams and the kind of music playing, no experience, just trying to play around a bit and things just got complicated.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

WTF!!! What are pajeros made of tin foil. Never seen a car so badly damaged by such a minor tip over

Skip over to 16:00 to see the upright driver side totally trashed jero

jero.jpg

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 2

I have seen this long time back. I will let the newbies and Fewbies take a crack at what went wrong here. Nowadays most 4x4s are made lighter, with crumple zones and with materials which get effected easily. This could be due to emission levels which they need to control, in the name of safety or just for cost cutting to keep their costs low and profit margins high. Most manufacturers don't make money while selling cars, but from selling spares, this car is going to need all the left side panels at the minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Too many people in that car ! 

And the approach of the dune was wrong ....

Agree. Approach should either be straight up or a wider angle for criss-crossing - he was in-between. Also no momentum, so no chance to steer down on the other side and use gravity to recover.  Driver seems very inexperienced with insufficient following distance. With no seatbelts they were lucky that only Pajero was dented. Also no off-road flags to be seen anywhere - something that I have unfortunately observed quite a few times lately.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use