•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Thank you @Mohamed Seidam. We are a community and like you thanked everybody for their comments means you understand the meaning of community. We all share one passion and want to help each other learn and grow in this sport. We would also highly appreciate any material you can capture during our drives to help the community to learn and grow. We are already having trip reports for each drive with the pictures and videos being shared in the Gallery drive wise to recall the drive. This topic was started to share other people's misfortune and allow us to learn from others mistakes so we don't repeat the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Thank you @Mohamed Seidam. We are a community and like you thanked everybody for their comments means you understand the meaning of community. We all share one passion and want to help each other learn and grow in this sport. We would also highly appreciate any material you can capture during our drives to help the community to learn and grow. We are already having trip reports for each drive with the pictures and videos being shared in the Gallery drive wise to recall the drive. This topic was started to share other people's misfortune and allow us to learn from others mistakes so we don't repeat the same.

Thank you @Rahimdad and I believe in the community that I recently joined , Carnity Offroad club , and agree totally. 
In the coming drives it would my genuine pleasure to try capture the best what I can and share it in this respectful forum. 

cant wait for the next drive one more time with you guys. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, J J said:

What went wrong here !

Seat Belt, Seat Belt, Seat Belt...

This was the scariest video I've seen in this topic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Well put @Denizzalbayrak. Seatbelt and securing items are so important. Firstly he was in the wrong angle and there was a bump. I believe getting stuck at that angle the vehicle should have been secures by a vehicle on top. As coming back the rear right wheel fall in the ditch and the weight of the whole vehicle was on that wheel, with the items shifting in the car gave the push on that side of the car which made it roll over. Not wearing seat belts made matters worse, somehow one survived, but it seems driver came under the Jeep. Not a good sight at all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, J J said:

So what went wrong here !

Even at low speed please Don’t Fight Gravity , even minimal steering  this little momentum will flip the vehicle . Aggravating factors : breaking ( I didn’t see break light ) , position of load distribution inside .

now looking carefully again I ask my self one question “ what if “ it was me in that wrangler what I would do ? Now this is a split of a second decision ... so let’s simulate : I am driving ... all attention is there .. on the ridge now .. suddenly I see  a track that I need to cross it perpendicular while I am on ridge .... go not to go ... steer earlier before crossing ... no it’s too big the angle of steering suddenly down and if ok still I will meet the tracks in obliquity ! ... finally I will stuck my self on the crest better than to risk flipping .

p.s : all out no seat belt 

how to avoid ? : not only getting unstuck is an art but getting stuck sometimes is all what is needed !!

cheers and drive safe 🚙🙏🏻🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use