•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Speed is one : couldn’t ride the ridge as it was curvy at the end to left.

looking carefully and in slow motion maybe when realized it at the end decided to ride to turn again but already the momentum ( always faster then the intended turn ) pushed him to the other side which caused the flip .here comes the precise control with speed in action and the sense of danger , I would complete the side down especially when you are attacking the slip side of this complex dune !🤔

I might not be right entirely so let’s see our Carnity leaders say

cheers 🚙👍

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @J J and @Asif Hussain for posting some very valuable videos in order to learn from these mishaps. I think everybody knows the main reasons for the flip, thanks to a very decisive approach by @Carnity to have a structure and teach people slowly and steadily their capability, vehicle capability and understanding the dynamics of each vehicle.

On @J J video all I can say I'd fish tailing. When your vehicle is fish tailing to the left, steer left. This could have been avoided if he steer to the left. The left back side of the car got pulled by gravity and he failed to steer the car to the left. A little extra throttle to correct the trajectory of the car could have also helped with correct steering. Knowing the basics is one thing, but practicing these during every drive to know your vehicle dynamics and these principles become a part of your every day drive.

@Asif Hussain bhai video, sand reading and knowing when to and when not to do certain manoeuvres are critical. If the driver understood the correct way of criss crossing he would never attempt it on such a sharp ridge at such high speed. The car literally jumped to the other side with the right front tire getting caught by sand while the rest of the car momentum continued to result in a roll over. Never a good sight to see these accidents, not only it dents the car, but also the owners pocket and their confidence. Thus whenever attempting such manoeuvres the trip lead always goes first and advises the others the dangers in @Carnity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

25 minutes ago, Shiju Manuel said:

Here come another video, what went wrong here. 

No flag and no communication 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

FJ has no flag.

No radio communication from either party to check if the FJ had cleared/stuck

On 9/11/2020 at 6:11 PM, Asif Hussain said:

this is scary and what a massive roll. Must be traumatizing. I hope the occupants are fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Besides the flag and communication common sense is also not there. On 6th second you can see sand flying meaning the FJ was stuck. Without paying heed just go with the flow. Typical attitude of people not paying attention to their surroundings.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 9/13/2020 at 1:30 PM, Shiju Manuel said:

Here come another video, what went wrong here. 

Everyone is damn right above.

And also driver needs a new eye-test for driving license or learn to drive off-road without any distractions.

From 00:13 - 00:15 seconds there was a clear visual in front and still he couldn't brake or alter the path.

image.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use