•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

8 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Everyone is damn right above.

And also driver needs a new eye-test for driving license or learn to drive off-road without any distractions.

From 00:13 - 00:15 seconds there was a clear visual in front and still he couldn't brake or alter the path.

image.png

In addition to that at the end when the hit happened the driver said calling the name of the FJC owner : Why not Say something ? .... meaning that they had some sort of possible communication that could be used ( radio , phone what so ever ) for worming .... still neither being warned not to proceed by the FJ nor being asked for clearance by the one that hit !!  ( active communication ) ,And each one relied on the silence as “clearance “ ( passive communication ) 

in Desert no place for “ passive” communication at all ! Same apply for other safety measures like flag , horn , hand language ... etc when applicable 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2018 at 11:58 AM, shadow79 said:

there is no medicine for over confidence...

2WD in desert not a good idea may result in flip ( no synchrony with the momentum that its trajectory can’t be corrected if slowing or breaking or turning ... etc ) ,  pop out tires ( too low due to intended 2WD ) and many others !

• Like (+1) 3

Wow, this topic is awesome, I learned so much from it... as I always tell my teenager son; it's better to learn from others mistakes... 

Edited by DANIEL NOGUEIRA
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 month later...

What was wrong here ( please watch it to the end ) 

Comments please and how to avoid such imminent event?

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

What was wrong here ( please watch it to the end ) 

Fighting gravity is already the first thing, but then we see him reversing full throttle, which makes me think this driver really has to learn to control his vehicle.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

39 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

The least one can do when you dont have momentum is dont press more gas. You may get stuck or have refusal which is better than worse which was about to happen with the Pajero

Exactly , as keep on rolling is an art , analyzing the situation forehead and anticipation of common possibility is the real art . The Pagero driver didn’t realize this or his reaction came late as kept on gas without steering to fish tail side , this collected sand to his left acted like a break which together with trajectory transferred all the weight in favor of flip , he was lucky . 

the reverse part he was probably still in adrenaline effect and same could happen in the reverse way 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I feel this thread should be seen by everyone in Carnity and learn from the mistakes others have committed. 

While it's still quite a different experience when you actually are in such a situation,  but atleast one is informed and prepared how to react and knows what can happen !!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use