•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

For the first one he's professional.

Second one he let the gas go while coming down, and I'm not sure if that was deliberate or his car stalled, but when the car starts to fishtail you need to correct the steering a bit and slight gas to correct it. He never corrected the fish tailing resulting in a roll over.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Another one maybe not good quality video but see the mistake at the end please which caused the flip . turned the wheel aggressively to the right while on the ridge and the momentum trajectory did the rest !

• Like (+1) 2

Another one , fighting gravity in wrong angle ! , in other words let the momentum that you carry ( like up hill climb or side slope )  fight for you cause if you let you engine fight late and not from the beginning  it will almost always end like that . I am least experience and hence I say it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 11/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, Mohamed Seidam said:

Another one but please watch carefully . What went wrong in the descend ?

From what I can make out, the speed on the way back was way too much. Couple that with a short base and high lift, the CG of the car is expected to be high. Fishtailing and not applying counter steering. Recipe for “rollover raita”....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Where was the trigger to this sad roll over ?!😔

Answer : initial intention caused this ! 
explanation

the driver I guess had the intention to attack the slip side of the next large dune . There is nothing wrong in that ( although risky ). However better to keep a plan B and even C upon performing such activity on huge dunes.

you can see from where was the flip there are tracks down which showed previous attempts with similar intention but ended in steer down in the proper time and momentum. And this is the wise decision. The FJ simply came late for this step.and possibly got scared to rev it up  with steer down at the top of this high altitude . In other words what can sustain you on wind side of the dune is ain’t enough to maintain you in a huge soft slip side of a T connected dunes .

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Thanks for posting this Dr @Mohamed Seidam. I think this was already posted earlier. From my point of view the car for some reason stalled as I cannot hear the engine at the point the FJ starts slipping and thus I feel he did not have steering as well. Really sad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use