•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

5 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

very soft sand should generally be avoided I think. no one would expect this on such a hill...

The soft sand build wall immediately and easily to the opposit side of sharp turn beside the tires which act as a fulcrum and the height of the car becomes the lever and needs a pointed finger to push the top of the care pressing this lever turning in to the side ( this is another reason where a non compensated high lifted car are prone to such flips ) 

4 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

It seems that the driver left the gas pedal while there was still sideways momentum as the car was fishtailing. That brought the car to halt with momentum still very much in place. @Ale Vallecchi would keeping the gas and turning left helped him to avoid this? 

Good point never leave the gas while turning , just gently keep the tires on rolling otherwise you will loose track anyway , off-course not against gravity obviously 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 4

23 hours ago, sri ganesh said:

Attempt to climb on the wrong side of the dune and - incorrect approach?

Extreme fish tailing and fighting gravity -  one of the common causes for roll over 

• Like (+1) 4

from time to time I keep posting such desert accidents and faults to remind my self and my friends whom I love driving with to keep vigilance and to stick to the principles that we all knew it in Carnity offroad club as this motor sport has its own inherent risk. I always , when I get tempted , I remind my self it’s ain’t a context or a race , it’s just a day to enjoy safely .

the previous video the first Jeep was about to commit the mistake which the second one fell in and it happened because the second was overtaken and tempted , so was faster and sharply and aggressively attempting the turn in a situation a turn should be sleek and smooth and not abrupt harsh were no breaks or slowing can help it and eventually flip over . 

• Like (+1) 3

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use