•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Basic convoy etiquettes missed out....less distance between the cars and then overtaking....perhaps they missed out on Absolute Newbie session...

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Antonio Jimenez Williams said:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share this "little accident"... I was really wondering what was in the mind of the second car when trying to overtake the one stopped!. Anyways, looking forward to the next drive

This is a good example of a timely reminder from @Foxtrot Oscarduring yesterday's Fewbie+ drive on not overtaking even if one is at risk of being stuck. 

• Like (+1) 6

When not having safe distance the reaction time is reduced substantially and the LC driver found him self in a no return point . 

it’s better to get stuck than to crash or from the start give proper time and distance for reaction 

please see below I didn’t get enough distance so I couldn’t steer down earlier nor I could over take for the fear of slipping on the vehicle in front of me so I preferred to stop . 
In the second clip I have enough time to react and decide ( I was a sec lead ) 

Cheers 🌷

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I agree with @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader. Didn't want to loose momentum and show off, my car can go higher than his, not taking into account the soft sand and the fact the gravity was always going to pull him down on the other car. Lucky escape with just a minor scratch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

• 3 weeks later...

The greatest fear of any off roader is ain’t a flip or roll over , neither being stuck at the tip of the highest dune or mountain but this 👇 unfortunate event . And that’s why checking the tow hooks periodically is a serious responsibility of any off roader also the proper technique and proper rated recovery rope with soft shakes and the additional safety side rope in a time can be life saving . Also the art of self recovery and the shovel  I believe stands number one ( the hard way ) better than just  exctract the painful tooth 🦷 ( the easy way ) but ending a lifetime having problems with digestion 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

Indeed very sad incident Dr @Mohamed Seidam. This is laziness or lack of knowledge which created such incident. The stuck vehicle did not budge an inch. The way the Patrol was stuck it would have been better to recover it from the other side. As we are unable to see the other side for any dangers, securing the rope with a heavy bag or a bungee cord could have saved the Hummer driver. Diging behind the wheels to create an easy path could have also saved the hard tugs. Such a hard tug is never recommended. Much better to have a few tugs of much lower intensity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

i think the mistake here that he tried to recover the patrol from the back side 

from this point of view it would be easier and much safer if he tried to pull the patrol to the other side 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

On 3/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, Mohamed Seidam said:

What went wrong exercise . Why this happened ? 

i think here is 2 mistakes

1st when he loses the momentum and he tried hard to keep him self on the track 

2nd wrong reading of terrain he didn't take this little bumpy area into his consideration 

@Rahimdad  what do you think? 

• Like (+1) 3

In my opinion he was fighting gravity..... not really sure what happened in the first instance but you can hear in the audio something the driver did wasn't correct (Also evident from the amount of sand behind)....

As i learnt driving a Warngler they do fishtail and if you are not controlling the speed and direction you ask for trouble.

to summarize my thoughts... he came in at a high speed (possibly crisscrossing the dune) and lost control (See the car's direction at 0.01 and 0.02 sec) then he tried to steer up (should have steered down instead) and with high speed his car fishtailed which just helped in flipping over 

• Like (+1) 4

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use