•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

2 hours ago, Ilya said:

From the increasing speed approaching the “ take off “ speed shows he was pre determined ! The only thing he forgot to deploy his “ wings “ !! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/26/2020 at 9:10 AM, M.Seidam said:

Another one , fighting gravity in wrong angle ! , in other words let the momentum that you carry ( like up hill climb or side slope )  fight for you cause if you let you engine fight late and not from the beginning  it will almost always end like that . I am least experience and hence I say it 

IF there was no roll over by that Jeep, there would have been an accident between this jeep and the front one as they where going so close, with out flag, not hearing any radio too. at 0:52 it is clearly visible.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

He almost had a roll over.

Had similar case in one our our drives earlier in year.   Not sure if anyone has that video @Wrangeld 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Had similar case in one our our drives earlier in year.   Not sure if anyone has that video @Wrangeld 

That was @Humayun Ghias Y62 which was 90 degrees to the slip face on a dune. I don't have video by maybe someone else does. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:10 AM, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

He almost had a roll over.

Is it this 1 you were referring to @Wrangeld? It was @jodha singh shekhawat

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

Thanks for the photos @Thomas Varghese captures the moment perfectly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Thanks for the photos @Thomas Varghese captures the moment perfectly. 

@Wrangeld you were very courageous to go under the tipped car which was unstable and attach the tow rope to its chassis so that @Alex Raptor could slowly winch him to safety. That was when I learned from you that a slanted car with engine running blows out a lot of smoke. You gave the explanation to that and I experienced the same when my car went into a limp mode recently and in slanted position. @Shaaz Sha was worried my engine was out but I assured him its all right and Richard has explained why this happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

@jodha singh shekhawat was lucky that his car didn't roll over but he found himself in this position because he disregarded the most important advice Marshals give before a drive - DON"T FIGHT GRAVITY. It was an intermediate drive and Jodha brought his new car without prior testing in the desert. My fellow off roaders please don't bring your newly acquired cars directly for higher classified drives without participating in Newbie, Fewbie drives with your new car prior to participating in Intermediate drives. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg

Yes, apologies. It was @jodha singh shekhawat not @Humayun Ghias (apologies Humayan)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use