UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Rahimdad

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

And also I don’t know how many tourists he cramed on the backseats. It looks like they were one or two hundred 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

And also I don’t know how many tourists he cramed on the backseats. It looks like they were one or two hundred 😂

6 guests plus one driver.

• Like 1

He pulled it at an angle. Always try to pull in a straight line. 

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 3

Find at least 5-10 things that went wrong here. There plenty here in this flip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Find at least 5-10 things that went wrong here. There plenty here in this flip.

Do elaborate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Barry said:

Do elaborate 

I will, but I need our aspiring fewbies and Intermediate offroaders should think  and try first.

You have done a good start with a wrong angle.

• Like 2

This could have been well avoided if the had real-time communication

• Like 2
  • Totally Agree 1

I can think of a few issues here-

1) The pull was in the wrong direction

2) The pull was too hard

3) The tow rope was attached to the wrong side of the towed vehicle

4) The towed driver kept his wheels pointing straight ahead- he should have turned into the direction of the pull  

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 2

Surprise to see very limited response from our regular offroaders:

1. Pull angle was more than 45 degree of tolerance. Ideally it should be always straight or anything close to the straight with max deviation up to 45 degrees, that too with lot of caution, patience, observation and feedback from different angles.
  2. They could have used driver side tow hook of FJC and Pajero to counter the angles to some extent.
  3. They could have use the viking rope for elastic soft tug than one big jerk.
  4. No radio communication or coordination with guy supervising the tug or filming.
  5. No use of 3 beep system, FJC could have used long beep to stop the Pajero (if trained).
  6. Both car windows should be rolled down for catching at least those last second scream.
  7. FJC tires were not pointing in the direction of tug, causing instant resistance to flip.
  8. Over enthusiast Pajero driver, who probably have not enough experience in technical recoveries kept on pulling.
  9. Clear the sand wall from driver side tire front side. Clearly it was bogged down to topple like this instantly.
  10. People don't use enough shovel as they think pulling will sort everything out. Prep before the pull to clear sand from all resistance is very important and in such critical angles its life saving.
  11. Ideally winch is better (if available) in such tricky situation to get slow motion feedback and stop in time.
  12. Give such critical tug in several tranches to access the situation first with a feedback from anyone supervising.
  13. Once car is moving with slightly gentle tugs without lifting any side, then proceed with little stronger tugs.
  14. Recover from backside with half or quarter the rope if front is totally hit in sand.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Totally Agree 3

For replying to this topic, please

Important Information

Terms of use