•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

Well done @Shamil for sharing your incident with bold outlook to accept the failure, mistake or bad luck with open heart to help other avoid it and learn from collective experience. 

Keep it up and I'm sure we gonna see stronger, smarter and more seasoned Shamil soon.

Nice input @Jas Gajaria spot on.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Very well written and explained. Your approach and attitude toward this is very mature and i am sure that this incident will carry a lesson. You can help become the torch bearer in the club to show newbies what happened and how to avoid this and there is absolutely no shame in that.  Like @Jas Gajaria mentioned we need to ALWAYS be on full alertness, and sometimes after an incident we question ourselves on why we reacted the way we did. 

You did your due diligence by analyzing and discussing with the crew members and you’ve been open and transparent from the start. Thumbs up buddy, this is brilliant attitude. 

Wish you all the best, a speedy recovery for the Xterra, and many more rides in the future with us !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hats off to @Shamil to immediately analyze the situation & check what went wrong or rather what he did was wrong. We learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately people who owns their fault are rare. Salute to your courage for not just accepting it, but analyzing and sharing with others. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Well done @Shamil for sharing your incident with bold outlook to accept the failure, mistake or bad luck with open heart to help other avoid it and learn from collective experience. 

Keep it up and I'm sure we gonna see stronger, smarter and more seasoned Shamil soon.

Nice input @Jas Gajaria spot on.

Thanks @Gaurav bhai for your encouraging words. Really looking forward to resume once the car is up and running.

3 hours ago, Frederic said:

Very well written and explained. Your approach and attitude toward this is very mature and i am sure that this incident will carry a lesson. You can help become the torch bearer in the club to show newbies what happened and how to avoid this and there is absolutely no shame in that.  Like @Jas Gajaria mentioned we need to ALWAYS be on full alertness, and sometimes after an incident we question ourselves on why we reacted the way we did. 

You did your due diligence by analyzing and discussing with the crew members and you’ve been open and transparent from the start. Thumbs up buddy, this is brilliant attitude. 

Wish you all the best, a speedy recovery for the Xterra, and many more rides in the future with us !

Thank you for your kind words @Frederic. And yea - definitely looking forward to many many more rides with you guys in the future. You guys rock!

3 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@Shamil it takes a lot of courage to showcase one's error and to analyze it as well. I am 100% sure, you and your Xterra will come out much stronger. Look forward to seeing you in the sand.

Thanks @Srikumar

1 hour ago, syedyaseer said:

Hats off to @Shamil to immediately analyze the situation & check what went wrong or rather what he did was wrong. We learn from our mistakes. Unfortunately people who owns their fault are rare. Salute to your courage for not just accepting it, but analyzing and sharing with others. 

Thanks @syedyaseer for your kind words.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Shamil, 

Glad to know that you're alright!

Although the rollover occurred, you were able to analyze the mistake. I would also like to add that in such situations (during the cresting) you should never be hesitant to take the crest even one bit, hesitance will cause a driver to be unsure of what they are doing and slow their reaction time when its needed the most. This is a very serious hobby and one must be alert at all times. Another thing I noticed is that once you took the crest, you pressed the brake. Hard braking in the desert with cause the tires to dig or push the weight of the car to areas you dont want it, if in an emergency make sure you brake only when the car is facing downwards, any sideways braking is asking for trouble! 

I'm happy to hear that you'll be coming back stronger ;)! I'll see you in December where I may or may not tease you a little about XTerras :D

Drive Hard, Crest Safe!

Cheers, 

Jas

tease my X, haha. Will ensure you will be eating my dust when you are back in december.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

What's important is that you are safe. Cars can be put back together but not as easy in humans.

I would recommend to stick in newbie or fewbie drives to keep learning the basics. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1

Shamil was driving well in the previous drives and I agree with Gaurav, that this was just a judgement error rather a drive level related one. And mistakes happen to the best of us, and most of the time its just simply a case on not reacting to the situation correctly and fast enough.

Having experienced similar situations in the past, its best that Shamil decides what suites him. After all, we are all there just to have some fun during our weekend.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use