UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Best 4x4 cars | Dune bashing | Off road driving | Off road drives | Off road gears and recovery tools | Radio frequencies |

Rahimdad

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

I'll leave the actual what went wrong for others, but cameramen car could have given some stern warning or advise him to stop after the first incident, to avoid the second close call. Clearly shows that Silver Pajero maneuvering with tarmac estimates and had no clue how sand and dunes especially behaves.

Shouting in car is of no use, maybe they are without walkie talkie to relay such critical communication.

Looking forward to hear from our latest newbies.

• Like 3
  • Totally Agree 1

I will have the first stab at it. Is it because of accelerating uncontrollably and too much steering?  

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

Fought the gravity.

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 2
  • Well Done 2

Both @Halit Mert Issever and @Xaf have the right idea, speed plus fighting gravity. What about when this guy reversed out. BTW @Gaurav bhai at the end it seems they have a radio and they did the right thing by asking him to stop and give a thought about the events. Behind steering wheel in that frame of mind he could have only made more mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Totally Agree 2

Here are my observations:

• He clearly didn't follow the path on extreme right and thought of taking shortcut.
  • OR he followed the path but due to slow speed he slide down on soft patch.
    • Ideally at that point, he should have come down slowly to make another attempt without fighting gravity.
  • Due to slip face, its difficult for him to climb and still he fought the slip face with lack of momentum.
  • Lack of experience, made him think he can climb up and steer sharp left on such short space.
  • In end while reversing out of such situation, steering should be straight and come down slowly.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2
  • Totally Agree 2

I love this series, answered all of my questions already😁. Thank you.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Here are my observations:

• He clearly didn't follow the path on extreme right and thought of taking shortcut.
  • OR he followed the path but due to slow speed he slide down on soft patch.
    • Ideally at that point, he should have come down slowly to make another attempt without fighting gravity.
  • Due to slip face, its difficult for him to climb and still he fought the slip face with lack of momentum.
  • Lack of experience, made him think he can climb up and steer sharp left on such short space.
  • In end while reversing out of such situation, steering should be straight and come down slowly.

I know this off-road group, I've heard about them, only bad things unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • WOW 1

They did not keep a safe distance between two cars. Basically the second car entered the dune before the first one clears. I think the whole incident is tied to it; after the first car got stuck, second car did not have time and distance to slowdown and avoid the accident.

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

20 minutes ago, Halit Mert Issever said:

They did not keep a safe distance between two cars. Basically the second car entered the dune before the first one clears. I think the whole incident is tied to it; after the first car got stuck, second car did not have time and distance to slowdown and avoid the accident.

Good input, but there is more. Any other takers?

• Like 2
  • Totally Agree 1

For replying to this topic, please

Important Information

Terms of use