•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

OMG, this is a serious amateur recovery scenario:

• I think they tied a tow rope to bumper than a tow hook as Ford hooks are not so bad that they melt like a foam
  • Guy too close would have injured badly or killed even if the red pickup tow point failed
  • Should have dug out in front of wheels, as they are 80% inside the sand making recovering terribly difficult
  • If he suspects soft sand on the beach, could have made a path firm by reversing and going forward a few times so that he can give multiple tugs on compact sand with slow speed
  • Always start with a gentle tug first and then build the tug intensity after 3-4 attempts (if needed)

image.png

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Reminds me of Rav4 near Big Red.

I agree with @Gaurav bhai. Recovery should not start at 120 KPH. Should make a path and start slowly and gradually increase the strength of the pull. Thank God nobody got injured in this.

• Like (+1) 4

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

This is pretty simple, I'm expecting all correct answers. Something to learn from this, very important and emphasized in every drive.

No flag 😁

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

14 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

This is pretty simple, I'm expecting all correct answers. Something to learn from this, very important and emphasized in every drive.

No flag no radio communication very 😔 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad (0) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gaurav pinned this topic
  • Gaurav locked this topic
  • Gaurav unlocked this topic

Important Information

Terms of use