•  
Advertise here

I know RTA renewal for the vehicle is for 1 year and it comes with 1-month grace until the insurance is expiring. Is there any fine if we exceed this 1-month grace by 2-3 days, of course, I will get the new insurance in place before the old insurance expires?

I completely missed out on wifey Trailblazer rta renewal and sent for passing few days back and it got failed with leaking axle boot and brake light. Thought of getting all done today, and just came across a new issue that steering assembly is leaking, which has been already fixed earlier this year. My vehicle registration expired on 9 April 2018 and Insurance is expiring on 9 May 2018. Boot and brake light will be fixed today and I could have still done another passing and got everything sorted by today or tomorrow, but this new issue of steering rack leaking again might push few days beyond 9 May 2018, so what do I do now? Go to RTA renewal center and explain this and get some waiver for a couple of days or just pay the fine (if any).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 minute ago, skumar83 said:

i think the fine is about aed 10 per month. you can try your luck to get it waived off.

Hahaha, that's not what I was aiming for buddy by saying waiver. I meant do I need to inform them of this situation (delay) or simply paying fine is acceptable, as I know I missed the rta renewal date.

you can directly pay the fine. frankly they are not bothered about the delay or any such reason. They infact are happy as they get a chance to earn some money by fining a car with expired mulkiya (if caught by police on the road).

So with new insurance in place, can I drive the car after 9th May 2018 without the RTA renewal and registration?

you can get fined and possibly car will be impounded if the vehicle is caught by the police. Keep your drives on the road to a bare minimum. If you are lucky, you might go through an entire year without being caught and if your bad luck is really bad you might get caught on 10th May itself

Edited by skumar83

Thanks Sri, of course, my only drive will be from Saleem garage once he fixes the steering assembly straight to wasl testing center for retest and rta renewal. Hope my bad luck won't be good on that day.

Its a 10dhs fine and relax, I know a guy whos been driving his expired lexus for over a year. I once forgot actually too lazy as I was busy for 8 -10 months. Just went and registered it without any issues. 

Not saying do it, but it really isnlt a big deal even if you get caught driving with expired tags, Just show them your failed RTA paper saying you are on the case, Dubai police is usually nice and dont create too much of a hassle. 

On my other discovery I was pulled over because I was double parked ( waiting for the mrs on the metro!) Car was expired for 4 month. He askes why I told him I took it for passing but they failed it, why he asked, I said steel bullbar, which center did you go. Me the one in Ghusais. Oh dont go there they are very strict he said, go to the one barsha. Then we had a little chat and he said technically youve been here all your life and you know the rules very well and I should have your car towed but I will let you go with a verbal warning.

I guess knowing Arabic really helps out in such situations but hey if youve been here for over 5 years and cant speak it, then its no ones fault but your own.

Abu Dhabi Police had activated smart systems last month on roads which detects the vehicle with expired registration. The violeters will be fined 500 dhs and 4 black points. The vehicle will also be impounded for seven days.

I had also heard long before that Dubai Police also have this scanners which is fitted in their vehicle which alerts them when we pass by them.

3359385795.jpg

Edited by Asif Hussain

Important Information

Terms of use