•  

Newbie & Fewbie - Day & Night Drive - 11 May 2018

Gaurav

As the heat started kicking in so it's time for the night season offroading. This week's drive will focus on newbie & fewbies getting comfortable with the day and night drive with or without off-road lights. Aiming to have an easy relaxed newbie drive from Tawi Nizwa to Pink rock area in a daylight and then a little bit in the night time. It's a perfect drive for newbies or an absolute newbie to learn and get comfortable in best terrain that gradually transforms and offer plenty of opportunities to learn. You can enjoy the sunset at the picturesque sand dune for the best selfie. During the sunset, we will take a break and enjoy evening snacks in some nice location and after that, we will start the night drive (newbie level) for a couple of hours.

When: 11 May 2018
Meeting time: 4:00 PM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 4:15 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy until about 10 PM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10 PM

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Great thinking @Gaurav bhai. This is an excellent drive at the right time. Ramadan time means all night drives and summer heat means continuation of night drives till weather changes for the better. Less stress on man/woman and machine. This will give excellent opportunity for new joiners to find their comfort off-roading in the night.

I'm in with full support.

• Like (+1) 1

The perfect weather, the perfect participants, the perfect detour all made this drive as exciting as leaving a broad smile on my face after a very tiring week at work.

As we got together and realized we are all experienced enough we decided to do a little exploration. So instead of our normal Pink Rocks to Big Red we all jumped to the opportunity of exploring the opposite side. I luckily found a route which I had done 8 years back in the area and @Gaurav bhai stayed very close to my 8 year old track without me sharing the route with him. @EmVarlet did a brilliant job in second lead. @shadow79 did brilliant to follow orders and lead the rest of us by example. @sertac was always there to help me in sweep duties. We had a good mix of some nice small to medium dunes with sudden soft patches and unexpected sharp drops with bumps.

We progressed well and saw some gazelles on the way eventually stopping near the fence of Maha Desert Resort to lay our spread. What a pleasant evening with loads of stories shared and well kept secrets disclosed. @EmVarlet for a handsome lay which felt like a full dinner, @Gaurav for some amazing sandwiches, @shadow79 for some cold ones and @sertac for the chips. It wad time well spent with some drive in the dark still to go.

As we cleaned up and left the area, it was pitch dark with only our LEDs to light up the desert and we made our way to the road one dune at a time. I was pleasantly surprised to see everyone so comfortable driving in the night and this gears us up for the upcoming season of night drives till the weather allows us to drive in the day lights again. In a very long time we finished in good time without major issues, touch wood. As we headed to the other side and inflated at the Eppco pump it was time to say See you soon. Headed home feeling good, Ramadan on soon and start of our night drives. Whose going to post the first night drive for Ramadan?

• Like (+1) 5

@Jisham we are having an Iftar event this coming Friday for all level drivers, you can join and we can discuss about the newbie drive.

https://carnity.com/calendar/event/72-grand-iftar-drive-25-may-2018/

Important Information

Terms of use