•  
Advertise here

40K Service and 5k service intervals for Pajero

Hey guys,

I bought a Pajero 2014 mid option from AF Automall at 65k odometer, and and now at 109k and due for a 40K major service.

I've serviced my car from Al Futtaim service center for this whole duration on every 5K interval and it has really cost me a lot plus I am not overall satisfied with the work done as they are never clear on any faults I want them to check. Now I am due for a 40K service which is going to cost me a ton. I am desperate to find a trusted garage / service center which can perform the service as per exact Pajero service specifications, which would mean a comprehensive major service as specified by Mitsubishi for 40K on a Pajero. 

Would really appreciate your help. I've been at this forum on and off as a non-user and saw people talking about certain members who are very knowledgable on Pajero. Would love your help.

Regards,

Hamza

Ok, I'm going to throw this out there. There is no such thing as a 5k service. I started a massive thread on this. Mitsubishi recommended an oil and filter change every 10k. Sorry to say, but you have been scammed.

There is no 40k service in the Mitsubishi schedule. If anyone has told you otherwise, they are trying to rape your wallet. Below I will post the official Mitsubishi service schedule, direct from the factory,

Once a year or 10,000 km:

Change engine’s oil and filter (1)

Replace air filter if used in dusty area

Inspect coolant hoses

Inspect brake hoses

Inspect brakes – discs and pads, replace if necessary.

Rotate tires

Inspect ball joints and steering components for grease leaks

Inspect drive shafts boot for tears and grease leaks

Grease the propeller shafts joints.

Adjust the valves (diesel engines only)

Check the differential oil level

Check the transfer oil level

Check the engine driving belt – replace if needed (dry/cracked)

Inspect fuel system

3.2 diesel engine – check the upper timing guide

Every 2 years or 25,000 km (which ever comes first):

Change automatic transmission lubricate and filter (2)

Change manual transmission lubricate. (3)

Change transfer oil (4)

Change differentials oil (5)

Drain, wash and refill the cooling system (with new coolant)

Inspect spark plug cables

Replace air filter

Every 5 years or 100,000 km (whichever comes first)

Replace timing belt (If any)

Replace spark plugs

Replace spark plug cables

This is all information copied and pasted from the Mitsubishi factory service schedule. You can google it if you want. Don't fall for dealer scams telling you this needs done and that needs done. If they tell you it will invalidate your warranty, it's bullshit. This is the official Mitsubishi service schedule. If the dealer has a problem with it, tell them ok, I'll ask Japan. They will soon change their tune.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hey Barry,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I had heard about this but whenever I asked this to Al Futtaim Automall, they said no our warranty is applicable on the 5k service requirements as prescribed only. I only had to stay for the first 20k with AF automall, but then I stayed till 35K anyway. 

When I bought from AF, they claimed they had done a major service on the car at 65K, so I'm due for a 40K major service now as I'm at 109K. From the info you've posted, it would mean I still needed a major service at 100K right, and so I should get the major service done for my car? 

Also wanted to ask, is Mitsubishi service schedule the same for every car they make? Also, would highly appreciate suggestions for a trusted service center that follows Mitsubishi service schedule. Barry, thanks for the help!

I heart sometimes dealers are saying we changed that but they not changing. Is this ever happen anyone from here? For example one of my friend have lancer, he is also looking for major service. As per service document he need to change the coolant. I said dont change if it is clean and good. I am thinking if they say we changed and actually they wont change %90 of owners wont understand. 

You can go to Dynatrade Service Center. They have  their workshops in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi.

They are reasonable and provide good service and are experts in Japanese cars. I have been using their services for the last 6 years and quite satisfied with them. They also offer service packages.

• Like (+1) 1

Dealer here for Mitsubishi is Al Habtoor and not Al Futtaim. The service packages now offer by Al Habtoor Motors is for every 10k and not 5k like Al Futtaim has ripped you so far. I agree Dynatrade is a good option.

• Like (+1) 1

I have had a great experience with one of the simple garages recently. They are "CHAMPIONS SPEED" in Al-quoz and offer excellent service for a very reasonable cost. I had big issue related to differential and got changed from them with complete satisfaction. 

• Like (+1) 1

i have a classmate who worked for al futaim and later on for al tayer and lately he has found so called enlightenment or has gone cucu and is living in a hut in sri lanka he used to say me that there are many cars coming in a day and many things are just checked and some are over looked

and had a sentra come in for oil change and just causally asked to check the gear oil when removed oil it seemed it hasn't been changed but the customer stated that he had changed it recently by agency which charged him but maybe didn't do the work ...

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

4 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Dealer here for Mitsubishi is Al Habtoor and not Al Futtaim. The service packages now offer by Al Habtoor Motors is for every 10k and not 5k like Al Futtaim has ripped you so far. I agree Dynatrade is a good option.

Yes, that's true, the only reason I continued with Al Futtaim was that they required it as part of their Automall Warranty for the first 20K after buying the car from them. 

• 7 months later...

Good afternoon,

I'm so grateful for finding this forum. Mitsubishi charged me for an engine flush at 30k service. There was a, how would I politely say, a language misunderstanding but they went ahead with it anyway without me actually stating that I wanted this.

After a big argument, they said they would give 40% off parts and labor for next service.

Is the flush necessary? I don't see it being recommended by Mitsubishi.

• Like (+1) 1