•  
Advertise here

Pajero 2012 Timing Belt & Other Suggestions Needed

1 hour ago, MisterPoet said:

Thanks @vishlad702 for the pop up.

The dashboard noise is what I got since my purchase last October. I have read many forums and seen YouTube videosthat suggest that feeling road bumps and roughness is a matter with every Pajero.It makes rattling noise only on rough road. 

May be I feel it as I never drove SUV before n have other car as Accord which is quiet n smooth.

Is this garage owned by Mr. Mohsin as adcisedbby @Barry from where you got the work done?

Hi.

If the noise is only on rough terrain I would not bother much. 

The garage is not owned by Mr Mohsin. He works there as the service manager. And yes @Barry has suggested to get the timing belt replaced there.

Regards,

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/27/2018 at 9:52 PM, MisterPoet said:

Thanks @vishlad702 for the pop up.

The dashboard noise is what I got since my purchase last October. I have read many forums and seen YouTube videosthat suggest that feeling road bumps and roughness is a matter with every Pajero.It makes rattling noise only on rough road. 

May be I feel it as I never drove SUV before n have other car as Accord which is quiet n smooth.

Is this garage owned by Mr. Mohsin as adcisedbby @Barry from where you got the work done?

tell me about it mate been suffering with this problem myself with the noise....

• Like (+1) 1

What I learnt till now is this dash rattling is common in Pajero on rough terrains and humps/jumps. This is because there is no metal/iron bracket support in 4th gen Pajero. I have seen on another forum, Some people in Cape Town made a iron bracket and install it via opening front end of dashboard and it reduces this rattling in rough roads. Not sure if someone does so in UAE too.

• Like (+1) 1

• 10 months later...
On 5/13/2018 at 2:28 PM, MisterPoet said:

Dear Friends,

This is my first post here; I was glad to see such a platform wherein we can discuss automobiles and seek recommendations.

I bought one Pajero 2012 GOLD color last October, with zero accidents on it till now Alhamdolillah; I seek recommendations on following:

1. Car Dashboard and Backside (may be rear door) makes noise on slight rough service roads and YELLOW road straps (which are more thicker now in Dubai). Otherwise, there is near-to-nil noise on plain roads.

2. Car has done 98K ODO. Should I change the timing belt now, or take it upto 120K (as I read some other friends posting here) in next 2 years as I don't drive it too much? If this is to be replaced, what other major items to be changed and how much will it cost me overall? Any good place in Sharjah or Dubai wherein I can get it fixed. I was told by a garage in Shj (who worked on my past car Corolla, Accord etc repairs for last 5 years) that Timing Belt and other good-to-be-replaced-with-TimingBelt stuff will cost around 3K.

3. There is a steering wheel grinding noise whenever I turn it any side. Otherwise, it moves smooth. How to get it fixed and in what cost?

Hello,

@MisterPoet  did you found solution on steering grinding noise. I am also having this issue. Please advise. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, edouard said:

@RohanH if your fluids are ok. Check the buttom of the steering column, there is a caoutchouc piece that rubs against the column and it is the reason behind the noise. You can put some WD40 over there. In my case it did the job perfectly. 

I had the same issue and used WD40 as well. It's sand that is causing the noise.

• Like (+1) 2