•  
Advertise here

New music

Barry

I have been waiting for this album to come out for a while. It's called Prequelle by a Swedish band called Ghost. It's not very often in life you get to see true stars in the making and when you do, it's something special you will always remember and look back and say I was there. Ghost were always a decent band with their own style but something was always holding them back. They have really found their feet on this album and I have a feeling they are going to blow up big. The new album is a mix of 70s, 80s, 90s rock with a touch of Ghosts own dark gothic style thrown in. There really is no other band to compare them to. I got the album last week as soon as it was released and have listened to nothing else since apart from one of their older EPs for comparison sake and I can confirm it is gold. All killer, no filler. Aside from their new songs, I particularly loved the cover of The Petshop Boys-It's a Sin at the end. It just sums up Ghosts style perfectly.

• Like (+1) 1

Hmmm... Remake of an old Pet shop boys tune. Not bad. But I'll take that other Swedish fellow Leo Morechili or something of leap frog studios for rock covers of old or pop tunes.

• Like (+1) 1

Leo is Norwegian. 

I used to like his covers. But after you hear 2,3-4 there is no originality. Everything is in the same style. Faux metal with distorted guitars and trying to growl instead of singing. 

If you want to hear a good cover musician check this guy out

• Like (+1) 1

Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish all Scandinavian.So same same but different. 

And blegh! I hate acoustic guitar unplugged style covers. Only unplugged covers that were worth its salt were Nirvana doing their own songs.

My fav cover has to be Land Of Confusion by Disturbed and Hello by Leo

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, Barry said:

I also refuse to listen to kiss now. It’s a shame because they were a good band but every time I hear them now I just remember how much of a twat gene is. 

I have never liked KiSS or their genre of music, so what ever it was that Simmons did, passed me by. What did he do that was so bad?

• Like (+1) 1

Is there a definitive source for dates of bands playing in Dubai? I know about metal gigs in Dubai page on fakebook but it just shows metalcore and screamo stuff that I'm not into at all. I like to hear the lyrics, not oooooowwwwwwaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh that is supposed to be interpreted as I love you I'm so sad you left I want to die please take care of our cat.

Its a pain checking all my favorite band pages searching and searching to see if they will come.

Id love to see Guns N' Roses in Abu Dhabi in November but the price is eye watering. Totally shocked Metallica aren't touring hardwired here. I hear they had a massive reception last time they played.

• Like (+1) 1