•  
Advertise here

New music

Barry

I feel bad for Syd and what happened to him. I’ve taken a lot of psychedelics in my time and it definitely changed how I view the world, Syd took it to a whole other level and it wasn’t helped by the people around him. I’ve read a story where his flat mates were slipping acid into his tea every morning to keep him on a permanent trip to supposedly increase his creativity. It’s ok getting high and getting inspired, but if you never come down, how can you do anything about it?

Roger and David were good to him after he was kicked out, especially David, considering the amount of resentment Syd must have had for David for “taking his place”. They helped him produce his solo material after Pink Floyd. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for them to work with him considering how he was. They must have had a massive love for him. But there comes a time to realise you can’t help some people and you have to walk away.

I had a bandmate like that in the early 2000s. Massively talented and inspired but a massive alcoholic and drug addict and could never keep it together long enough to do anything productive. He would come out with these amazing guitar licks but when you asked him to play it again, what? Who are you? Where am I? I loved the guy but the last straw was when he stood on the table and tried to insert a CD into the lightbulb because he wanted to listen to guns n roses. You can’t work with that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 8 months later...

Tool have just released their first song in 13 years

https://youtu.be/q7DfQMPmJRI

So awesome. When you hear it you know it’s a tool song. I always imagined if pink Floyd got together 40 years later, this is what they would sound like. Super progressive with a bit of metal thrown in. I can’t wait for the full album to drop. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Barry said:

Tool have just released their first song in 13 years

https://youtu.be/q7DfQMPmJRI

So awesome. When you hear it you know it’s a tool song. I always imagined if pink Floyd got together 40 years later, this is what they would sound like. Super progressive with a bit of metal thrown in. I can’t wait for the full album to drop. 

Tool is one of the very few bands that still amaze me and deliver stuff that’s far beyond others. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 weeks later...

New Tool album was released this morning. I am not disappointed. Well worth the 13 year wait. I thought rammsteins new album was going to be the best rock album of 2019. Poor rammstein, they picked the wrong time to release a new album. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:30 PM, Barry said:

New Tool album was released this morning. I am not disappointed. Well worth the 13 year wait. I thought rammsteins new album was going to be the best rock album of 2019. Poor rammstein, they picked the wrong time to release a new album. 

The good thing is that it triggers us to dig back into the old Tool stuff. Lateralus has been pumping my car stereo last days. Brought back lots of memories 😆

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."