•  

Newbie night drive - Pink Rock - 31 May 2018

Gaurav

Time to have an easy relaxed newbie night drive from Tawi Nizwa to Pink rock area or Bidayer if everyone likes. It's a perfect drive for newbies or an absolute newbie to learn in the best terrain that gradually transforms and offer plenty of opportunities to learn and play. In the end, we will have a suhoor before the dawn and return to tarmac before the sunrise.

When: 31 May 2018
Meeting time: 10:45 PM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 11:00 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy until about 6 AM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, Suhoor meal, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6 AM

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Gaurav changed the title to Newbie night drive - Pink Rock - 31 May 2018

Amazing video Sertac, well-done buddy.

Poor Shafiq at 7:25 realize not to follow Sertac so closely.......!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Sertac video has been attached to drive album in Gallery and I have uploaded my pics too of last 3 drives.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you @Gaurav bhai for posting this one. It was a one to remember for a long time. Thanks to @sertac, @skumar83, @Asif Hussain and @Shafiq for joining and making this night a wonderful experience.

We started a bit late as I got delayed and my sincere apologies to all on the drive. We started in high spirits and that set the tone for the rest of the drive. With Gaurav bhai in the lead, Sri taking second lead, followed by Asif bhai, Shafiq bhai, Sertac bhai helping me with sweep duties. We started on a fairly easy track but slowly and gradually picked up the level as everybody got comfortable.as we wondered from one dune to the next with plenty of action we did not realize how quickly we had reached the Pink Rocks. After a little play round including a great try by Shafiq we were off to the other side and heading towards to Big Red.

Gaurav bhai continued through some awesome set of dunes as we headed deeper and higher. At one point it seemed we would run out of time so we made our way to the tracks below and reached the base of Big Red with time for everyone to have a try on the front face. First up was Gaurav bhai, followed by Sri, Shafiq, Sertac and with Asif bhai making it to the top on the front face it was my turn. I had a couple of refusals and it was time to try out in low gear. Sure I reached the top, but with a little adjustment it was time to take it one notch up. With my car roaring in first gear low it just crossed the finish line to setup and start on our Suhoor.

With loads of good food and awesome stories it was time to close our Suhoor and the beginning of another day of fast. We decided to head back in for about 30 minutes. But soon back into the drive I started feeling uncomfortable and had to head out. Everyone was really supportive as they decided to continue. I headed out and let everybody know I was safely out and headed home after a quick inflation. I will let somebody who continued tell the rest of the story, but Sertac has posted the video which is better than the thousand words I've just written.

In all I was the last to reach and first to leave. Need to be on my A game next week. See you all then. Stay safe.

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use