•  
Advertise here

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of searching, patience and prayers from all of you finally I got lucky to source a really clean, low km driven (68K Km), original Japanese engine for my beloved Pajero - exactly same as mine 6G74 + DOHC

As it is so rare and so clean and hardly used on road only, it cost me quite a lot: 6K only engine OR 7K for full half cut, so after testing and firing the engine early this week with Saleem and Jalil, we decided to go for half cut as many bits and pieces were so unused and fresh that we can use almost all of it to breathe a new life. Thanks to Saleem and Jalil for endless support and advice.

Opened the initial engine ancillary items yesterday and it seems all look good and now we are in process of changing to new timing belt, plugs, engine main seal, converter seal etc. Hoping to plonk the engine soon and fire it by tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed until then.

Special thanks to Jabal Tokyo owner / partner - Ahmed, who has been kind enough to give me a call within 10 mins of this half cut arriving and I manage to seal the deal immediately.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-12 at 12.51.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-11 at 20.05.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 18.28.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 18.28.47 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-16 at 18.28.48.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Woaw that’s fantastic news ! The Comeback of the mighty Paj’ awaits !!

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, my darling Pajero is almost 100% back in form now. @shadow79 and Jalil installed this new engine three weeks back and the car started in the first crank. Kudos to Jalil's, great workmanship and attention to the detail - pretty impressive mechanic. Thanks, Saleem for all the support and speedy assistance. Thanks, @Barry for all the time and support.

So far I have tested this new engine on two off-road drives and I'm pretty happy with the performance so far. On the first drive I didn't push much, to gauge the engine response and heating issue (if any), but on last Friday I tested this engine at iftar bowl hill climb and the car went up from left and right side in one attempt in HI gear.

Last night I put the REDEX double dose of fuel system cleaner and drove to Abu Dhabi, that smoothen up the idle and also bumped the fuel efficiency and clear up the exhaust smell, so hoping to see some better throttle response in next drive.

After we started the engine, we have opened the old engine and found the culprit but still, the mystery remains unclear as of why oil supply was insufficient to fry that metal.

20180717_221731.jpg

20180717_221409.jpg

20180717_214144.jpg

IMG-20180717-WA0035.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The Mighty Paj’ rides again ! Hope to see it soon in real life as I’m planning to join you guys on one of the future newbie drives!

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 3 weeks later...