•  
Advertise here

Cherokee XJ Immobilizer problem

I think i have problem with my immobilizer. Today when i am driving to the work, key light and check engine light came on. Also gauges stop working, no bus is typing instead of millage. I come to the office and lock the car. Now my car is starting but after 1 sec engine automatically shutting off.only key light is on. 

Is there anyone know what to do? Already tried removing the battery. 

20180618_072638.jpg

Try hitting the dashboard and the plastics around the key when you’re trying to start it. As far as I know the power for the immobiliser comes from either the wiper switch or the light switch and the wire may be loose. Might not work but it’s worth a go.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Barry said:

Try hitting the dashboard and the plastics around the key when you’re trying to start it. As far as I know the power for the immobiliser comes from either the wiper switch or the light switch and the wire may be loose. Might not work but it’s worth a go.

Hi Barry seems like problem was bad spark plugs and the part top of it. As we saw yesterday my engine mountings are cracked when i am hitting the dunes like Faya engine is moving and this part top of the sparks(Saleem will give the name of the part) is moving and creating problems. That is Saleem`s theory and it worked. But  It can explain why car didnt start on the other hand yesterday i was driving my car on the road when this problem happened i didint feel any trouble from engine. We will see in time is it going to happen again or no. 

That shouldn't cause the car to immobilized as it clearly was from the pic posted with the no key entry light on and No Bus error.

No bus error usually means a car has lost contact between certain parts and ecu and in an XJ its usually means the gauge cluster has lost contact with the ecu which will also show dead gauges. 

This is probably due to your "enthusiastic" off road driving style :D 

In your case simply open up the gauge cluster unplug it ans clean the contacts with some electric cleaning spray, NO WD 40! And plug them in real tight and you should be good to go.

• Like (+1) 1

All sheeps have a built in diagnostic code reader. I think you have to keep the trip reset button and turn the key to position 2  and hold it and then the odo reading will display the code or something. Google for precise procedure and report results as to what code its showing

OR

Sell the sheep and buy something useful and save your self the daily agony of owning one :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, desertdude said:

All sheeps have a built in diagnostic code reader. I think you have to keep the trip reset button and turn the key to position 2  and hold it and then the odo reading will display the code or something. Google for precise procedure and report results as to what code its showing

OR

Sell the sheep and buy something useful and save your self the daily agony of owning one :D

I will sell it but i am thinking it will be hard to sell a Jeep in summer.