•  

Relaxed night drive - 21 June

Rahimdad

The last few drives have been amazing but due to Ramadan the challenge of ending the drive on time due to Suhoor,. So I will make it nice and easy so that we can have a relaxed drive. The plan would be to start easy and slowly work on the toughness bit to make sure the learning curve does not stop. Furthermore, I would like to see who has grown in confidence and lead the convoy for a short while, details of which can be discussed during the driver's brief.

When: 21 June 2018
Meeting time: 10:45 PM, convoy will move sharp at 11 PM
Where: Adnoc Petrol Station Maleha Road

GPSCoordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/mzb26kxzte72

Level of drive: Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome (absolute newbie and newbie as passengers only)
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance
Plan: Night drive from Muhafiz to Camel Rock to Faya and further if time permits
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: Open

RSVP the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 1

So the start of the drive posted a very valid point. The same area again. I've been in this area several times a year in the past 10 years and it's never been a bore. Another point that came to mind was different lead, different flavour.

One thing encouraged on this drive was for anybody to come forward and lead for as long as they are comfortable. Normal start with easy level building up but with no sticks or delays. Thanks to @sertac and @skumar83 for a wonderful sweep to keep team moving throughout. In no time we were on top of Fossil Rock and down headed to Camel Rock. As we approached Camel Rock, my second lead @EmVarlet took the lead. A little struggle with using the GPS but eventually we reached Faya lead by @EmVarlet within the shortest time ever.

Race to the top started and eventually we all reached the top to lay our spread. Thanks to @Asif Hussain for some wonderful prawn palau and tea, @EmVarlet for some amazing treats. After the stomach was full it was time for a nap. Woken up at sunrise for an amazing view and after packing up time for the final run.

The final run was the best part of the drive. With the sun still playing cool and the breeze being just as cool made that bit of the drive brilliant. Some amazing big rolling dunes, as we played from one dune to the next. It was pretty fast paced. In between the stubs kept us slow and cautious. But the last 15 minutes saw some huge areas to race our way to the finish line. With flags off for the last part we reached the Adnoc Petrol station to inflate and head back home.

Surprised to see the noodles we made in the area, but these were the best noodles I ever had. Made me realize why this area never bores me. This area has everything to play and learn at the same time. Above all what makes any drive fantastic is the participants and we were absolutely blessed for this one. Missed you @Gaurav bhai.

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use