•  
Advertise here

How Reliable 2013 Altima

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

best go for honda if its versus mazda but if you asking for honest opinion then dich all and go for a lexus

If there is any Lexus newer than 2012 less than 100.000km with full agency service history and max 45000 aed budget i wont even think twice.

The Mazda 6 is basically a less reliable version of the Ford Mondeo. Same engine and running gear but the electrics are more flakey. 

The Honda Accord is a decent car but look into parts prices first. They can be pretty high. 

Lexus is a good suggestion. Reliable Toyota running gear with Mercedes levels of luxury. They are expensive but they hold their value well. Providing you look after it, you won’t lose much on depreciation when it comes time to sell. I’m actually looking at cars for when I get my visa sorted and the old LS400 tops the list. 10k buys an example with 400k on the clock and I would have no fear of using it as an every day driver. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

get a LS gs or lx any model from 2k if the car is well kept then i am sure it will out last any car on your list with minimal spend plus the luxury and power it has those cars have time and again proven to be trusty partners

i have a customer who works in sila military camp he uses a ls400 96 with 800k+ on odo but goes on it happily

35 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

get a LS gs or lx any model from 2k if the car is well kept then i am sure it will out last any car on your list with minimal spend plus the luxury and power it has those cars have time and again proven to be trusty partners

i have a customer who works in sila military camp he uses a ls400 96 with 800k+ on odo but goes on it happily

Even if it is the best car of the world i am not going to buy a car older than 2013.

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

The mans mind is made up, he is determined to get a shitty car, so don't even try.

But I don't blame him crappy jeep ownership will do that to a person 

After spending a lot of time and money to an old car and getting no better is made my mind to get a newest possible car and be relax. For Jeep i am having it now total 8.5 month. Probably more than 2 month it was in maintenance. I spent more than i paid to car. But i learned a lot;

- Get the car fully original, check every possible wire and pipe they all must be original, no mechanic tricks. 

- If you want an old car you need to now a mechanic who understand that car very well. If your mechanic making experiment not proper diagnosis you are spending a lot more than it should be. 

-  Dont use any part duplicate. Cheap mean expensive.

- Best you can do stay away from any old Jeep get a Nissan Xterra.

When we come back to our new cars seems like there is no option.

Nissan Altima: Very bad CVT reputation. 

Toyota Camry: Expensive and crappiest look and material quality.

Honda Accord: Expensive car, expensive parts.

Mazda 6: Not reliable 

Seems like i will get a Ford Focus with max 30.000km on it and 2 years old. I will have extended warranty and service contract. In any problem i will throw it to Al Tayer. Before warranty finish i will sell it. 

i agree with @Rahimdad, its not every day that you would be changing things in a relatively newer car. Yes, the brake pads and all are expensive compared to a Toyota, but if you would be driving 30,000 km a year you would be easily changing your break pads once in 12 to 18 months.

My sister is driving a 2015 accord for the past year and when it was bought it was at AED 95000 km and after a year it has reached 135000 km. We have had no major issues other than regular maintenance which had to be done. I dont think a Ford Focus at 30,000 km with less than 2 years would be cheap either.