•  
Advertise here

How Reliable 2013 Altima

3 hours ago, EmVarlet said:

Why don’t you get a clean used XTerra ? It can be cheaper than a Focus, reach 500.000 km and, besides, it’s also good on road (not the superior comfort but ok)

I really like Xterra. Since i dont think i will be so active on off road i dont want to spend a lot for petrol. I am making too much km. In 8 months i made 22.000km with Cherokee. 

Sorry for being late to the party.

I have read all and I hope I can make a suggestion that can convince you than just brainwashing.

Btw, before I start 2010 - 2014 (just before new shape) Accord also has a known issue of gearbox failure but it can be repaired with some good technicians. I had 2001 Accord in 2003 and it ended up with the gear failure too, so it seems Honda took really long to perfect the auto box failure in their Accord. If you are hung up for Honda go with Accord 2015 and above, or go with Civic with closed eyes, it's really one sturdy, stylish and reliable car with decent gas mileage.

My actual suggestion is to go with Lexus GS - It's wonderful amazing and powerful car, but as you are concerned about fuel then I would say stick to Lexus ES. One hell of a flagship car of Lexus that after Toyota Rav4 it exceeds sales number and resale value among whole Toyota and Lexus family. Within 35-45k budget you can get 2010 - 2012 model and yet you will spend literally no extra expense than regular maintenance for years to come. And whenever you like to upgrade you will get VERY GOOD resale value.

I had 2003 GS430 in 2005 - 2007 and have visited Al Futtaim twice for regular service in two years.

In all honesty, Ford is good, but not for entry-level models and they will show their age within few years.

Nissan Xterra is the also the best option knowing you as an off-roader and I'm really not sure for how long you can keep yourself away from the sand.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Man has been badly burned by a jeep and fallen into the usual myth/trap that new car = less issues. I domt think anything other than practical experience will change his mind

• Like (+1) 1

Just for your information, Sertac, my fuel consumption on Xterra : about 14-15l/100km, and I must admit that I have a quite agressive way of driving.

Good point for Gaurav Are you sure you won’t have regrets after a few months for not having a 4x4 ?

9 hours ago, EmVarlet said:

Just for your information, Sertac, my fuel consumption on Xterra : about 14-15l/100km, and I must admit that I have a quite agressive way of driving.

Good point for Gaurav Are you sure you won’t have regrets after a few months for not having a 4x4 ?

In this point what i will do is having daily and keeping Cherokee till winter. I cant sell Cherokee in summer time. I will have daily and Off Road also. I will see till winter if i need 4x4 i will sell Cherokee and get Slightly cheaper Xterra like 2008-2009 model. Since i have only 1 day off and my wife will be new here she dont have family here and she wont have friends at the beginning i wont left her in the home on my only off day and go off road.