•  

Night Drive 28-29 June 2018 - Pink Rock, Al-Faya, Fossil Rock

Emmanuel

Time to have a relaxed night drive from Tawi Nazwa to Pink rock area, then to Al-Faya and, eventually, depending on what everyone likes, to Fossil Rock. It's a perfect drive to enjoy this awesome terrain that offers plenty of opportunities to play.

When: 31 May 2018
Meeting time: 11:00 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 11:15 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Fewbie - intermediate - advanced
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive and enjoy until about 6 AM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks,  meal, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories and enthusiasm.

Approximate finish time: 6 AM

Please RSVP on below calendar

Edited by EmVarlet
  • Like (+1) 4

What a tiring week. Long hours in the office. 3pm all seems in control. 7 pm looks like I'll be out by 8pm. Bang 10 pm still in the office 11 pm meeting time. My first instinct to inform and get advise from @EmVarlet as I could not reach home, pick up my Pathfinder and reach any time before 12 midnight. With patience I got a response that they will wait for me, I was overjoyed.

With a quick run home and reaching the meeting point just after 12 midnight I saw @EmVarlet waiting with @skumar83 and to my surprise @Gaurav bhai with his RR. No not Rolls Royce but his Range Rover. Same same. I had not had time for dinner so @EmVarlet shared an amazing sandwich with me which was completely healthy and filling. So time to deflate and head out with @EmVarlet in the lead for the first time for the entire trip.

Understanbly nervous, but he managed to take us into some very nice area on the way to Pink Rocks, we were treated to some amazing dunes on the way and reached the play area near Pink Rocks with no fuss. Trying to touch the highest point we all made tries, undoubtedly @skumar83 Cherokee was the highest achiever. Then came a deadly combination, @Gaurav bhai with the Xterra, it seemed that it would not stop till it reached the moon and back, but to almost touch the rocks and back would be enough to earn our respect for the night.

We had a quick chat to decide what we were going to do next and to my surprise we were planning to visit the Madam Ghost Town. After understanding to location the general consensus was to head to the bridge next to Big Red to cross over and head by track to Rifada and make our way from there. On the way we were ably lead by Emmanuel and our trusty Gaurav bhai through some awesome dunes. Upon reaching the shops at Badayer we took a short break to some delicious treats before heading out again.

As the sun was just making it appearance we took the track to Rifada and had to negotiate some small technical and at times soft dunes where our cars just sank. Driving through the first thing to appear to us from the Ghost town was the Mosque. As we circled the area and decided to head in. We feasted our eyes on this beauty and the cameras started clicking, each getting gems from their prospective which are shared in the Gallery.

Special thanks to Emmanuel for posting and leading his first drive and Gaurav bhai for being such a darling to be his co-driver and conclude such a wonderful time out with some great friends. I initially thought it would take a long time for me to post this trip report, but with a desert safari later on Friday I did not want to mix the 2 experiences. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as we enjoyed being on the drive. Until next time this is Rahimdad signing off.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use