•  
Advertise here

BMW meeting in Turkey

The condition of some of those cars is crazy. Very difficult to find a good E30 in  Ireland that hasn't got the arches rotted out or is full of filler. There are a handful of 325i around but for the price of a good one, you could buy an E46 M3.

• Like (+1) 1

in 2002, 2004 here was also a craze going on with the 320's was a fast strong car but after that poof almost all went to junk yard

my friends elder brother used to have the convertible one and we used to do burn outs and donuts on it

Edited by shadow79
more info

The first proper fast car I owned was an E36 M3. It was scary fast to me at the time. Put your foot down and it snaked and you had to fight with the steering wheel. I had another E36 M3, then I got a M3 Evo then I picked up a M3 Evo Individual. The individual was basically the same car as the Evo but it had leather Vader seats that matched the color of the car.

E30 M3 has hit the point where retro tax applies so it's super expensive. The 2 big names in that day were the E30 M3 and Mercedes 190 Cosworth. I used to work for Mercedes so I got to drive a few 190 Cosworths. They were ok, not impressive but ok. Took a while to get used to the dogleg gearshift. Had my first experience in an E30 M3 Evo here in Dubai after doing some work on it. They're pretty rare and there's not much chance of driving one unless you own it. One of the plus points of being a mechanic is you get to drive everything. I was disappointed. You read all about these cars and then when you get to drive them the magic is gone. I drove another E30 the same day with an E36 M3 Evo engine and it slaughtered the original M3. I've been pretty spoiled here with driving everything from Ferraris to 700+ BHP porsches so it takes a lot to impress me. I would rather have some fun throwing a little 1 liter hatchback around.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, shadow79 said:

in 2002, 2004 here was also a craze going on with the 320's was a fast strong car but after that poof almost all went to junk yard

my friends elder brother used to have the convertible one and we used to do burn outs and donuts on it

That was when LHD cheap BMWs were being imported by the boat load from Japan. Before that there was a glut of CB6 American Edition Accord Coupes from Japan. Almost everybody you knew had one. When they first arrived they were being sold for 30k ish towards the end of the trend they were going for as low as 5-7k

The second hand car importers see what is popular and then over saturate the market. 

oh yes the flip light american accord  and before those the the marks and gts then later on those pesky maximas

Those were the days when I had a dream of growing up and having a pack of Marlboro red  a mark 2 and run wild around town well those days are seeming tough to comeby...