•  
Advertise here

Ford Edge Overheats when AC turns on only

14 minutes ago, nizamNIjju said:

My Ford Edge 2009 model overheats when AC turns on. checked fan, its turns ON  only for a few minutes. There is lots of rust in radiator. Kindly give me suggestions.

If you have a lot of rust in the radiator, first thing you need to flush all the old water and out new water drive it few hours. Flush all the water again and put coolant. 

22 minutes ago, sertac said:

If you have a lot of rust in the radiator, first thing you need to flush all the old water and out new water drive it few hours. Flush all the water again and put coolant. 

Thanks or your quick reply. So overheating of my car might be due to radiator rust???

Could very well be rust in the radiator causing it. Get the garage to check the water pump is working properly when you flush it all out. Give the fins of the condenser and radiator a good wash with a low pressure hose too. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Barry said:

Could very well be rust in the radiator causing it. Get the garage to check the water pump is working properly when you flush it all out. Give the fins of the condenser and radiator a good wash with a low pressure hose too. 

Thanks lot Mr Barry for your support. 

• Like (+1) 1

maybe the fans are turning but not at the required speed...and in rare cases the engine itself might be weak that's why when you put load of compressor or push it abit hard and it starts to heat up along with what @sertac and @Barry mentioned

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

maybe the fans are turning but not at the required speed...and in rare cases the engine itself might be weak that's why when you put load of compressor or push it abit hard and it starts to heat up along with what @sertac and @Barry mentioned

Thanks mate. I went for checkup last day. They found that condenser is not working. Is that true? can u suggest some good workshop for ford with affordable labour charges please. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 11:05 AM, shadow79 said:

Issue fixed. It was cooling fan relay module. fixed from Sharjah industrial area.

• Like (+1) 1

I spent jus 600 including fitting charge. Shop is located in industrial area sharjah near to bmw. Pls do not drive if it is over heating. U will find tires for 300 to 700. U can contact me (Please PM mobile numbers, Do not share openly on forums. Thanks) for route guidance. This is well known issues in ford cars. 

Edited by Jeh
Mobile Number. Privacy Issue
  • Like (+1) 1