•  
Advertise here

Mineral oil is better than synthetic oil for older engines?

Gaurav

Without even looking up anything or thinking. Adnoc Voyager Gold is fully synthetic and is so Lexus branded oil available from toyota parts people. The one that comes in the silver jug is also fully synthetic

And a zippy google search

https://www.adnocdistribution.ae/en/products-services/lubes/discover-voyager/product-portfolio-highlights/

Found this, but pretty pricey at almost 300dhs for a gallon, but available locally and Red Line is a pretty well know brand in the motor sports and performance scene. 

item_XL_36393424_142953753.jpg

https://uae.souq.com/ae-en/red-line-11505-fully-synthetic-15w50-motor-oil-3-79l-36393424/i/

Edited by desertdude

Interesting topic. Might be worth installing an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on what’s happening on or off road.

Edited by Frederic Nuyttens
  • Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks and I checked the red line site and it says 15W50 is incompatible with my engine as it uses 5W30, going back to the chicken and egg situation to change the oil spec or not? If yes then higher viscosity of 50 than 30 will really gonna do any good than harm....?

2 hours ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

Interesting topic. Might be worth installing an oil pressure gauge to keep an eye on what’s happening on or off road.

Indeed, the work is in progress but with limited time in hand from @shadow79 this is taking longer than usual.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well all 50w oils are going to say they are incompatible with oil weight specified by the manufacturer unless manufacturer specified weight is 50w.

Its part of the legal waiver to stopped themselves getting sued nonstop.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use