•  
Advertise here

Pros and Cons of Duster 2.0L 2015

1 minute ago, rojanfelix said:

your edge there @hAwX was u bought your qashqai brand new.. so as @Barry said opting to used car is like gambling. so any place where a good used car is available? Thank you.

To find a good used car, you have to put in all the efforts you can... Are we talking like fully agency maintained vehicles? So Full vehicle history is something you should look for. I prefer individual sellers.. If the description is long with well-written information (not copy-paste from google), you know he knows his cars and takes care of it.. Dealerships can ripoff but then if you find a good deal, its worth it. 
I always thought the Duster is an extremely reliable car. Back in India, you see them like literally anywhere. Very strange the parts are rare like Saleem said.. Something to keep in mind indeed!

Dealerships erase all the error codes so it won't pop up when it's scanned.. Some of the codes come back after driving for a while so it could happen after the purchase (common with anything non-Japanese) 
I have seen the check engine light in my Mercedes like 10 times meanwhile ZERO with the Nissan. =D
I'm just a noob here who screwed up the very first used car purchase (clue is there in the sentence above lol), you will get better advice from the MVPs ;)

• Like (+1) 1

My advice, when buying any second hand car, make friends with a mechanic. Get them to come and look at the car with you. They will pick up on problems that you will miss. Even better if that mechanic has a computer to scan the car. Every fault found is a bargaining chip. 

As an ex mechanic, I say be nice to any mechanic friends you find. If they come to look at a car buy them a few beers and shawarma. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1