•  
Advertise here

Mercury mountaineer check engine light

VIG

Can someone pls recommend a best garage for mercury mountaineer in Dubai. Orange engine light keeps appearing and goes off on its own. This has happened thrice before in the last 2 years and Al Tayer are taking me for a ride.

Need your help please.

Regards

VIG

In some US cars, this check engine light can up when fuel tank lid is not closed properly even and for some other minor issues or loose connections. Can you explain what happens when this check engine light comes up? Does car stalls or behave differently? And how does that light goes off?

Usually orange color means its a minor warning and not as serious as red but I am not sure about the dash display of your Mercury Mountaineer, check your owners manual to know whether your car has orange (minor) and red (major) color warning system as well.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Color of the CEL (Check Engine Light) has no bearing on the seriousness of a fault. The majority of vehicles have an orange light and could mean anything from your air filter is dirty to your engine is only running on 2 cylinders. 

Red lights are used for crucial systems like brakes, oil pressure, coolant temperature and if you see a red light you must stop and investigate. 

My advice is to pull into any garage and get them to read the codes then post them here and we can advise further.