•  
Advertise here

2014 Honda Accord Coupe - Owner Review

adil

Nice review @adil 

I have worked for Honda for nearly 4 years and the Honda accord is a beauty and a beast 2 in 1 combo depending on what you require out of it. Tires are a issue with all Honda cars as the design pattern causes humming sound when driven and also long storage of the vehicles before pdi and delivery to the customer and can be sorted out initially free of cost by the dealer itself saving you another 2000dhs to spend more on the vehicle. Regarding the drive and comfort this vehicle is better than many other expensive cars seen on road today. Only draw back is that this is a Japanese vehicle built in America or thailand for that matter due to cost cutting and conversion rate to uae dhs which lowers the value of the vehicle. All the best with your vehicle and hope to see some mods on it in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Barry said:

Nice car, nice review, but the thought of spending over 100k on a Honda that isn't a NSX makes my eyes water. What made you choose this over a RWD or AWD V8?

My thoughts exactly.It will be a cold day in hell when I spend that kind of money on a Honda Accord or Civic!

P.S : I hate the new NSX! Just thought I put it out there.

• Like (+1) 1

I had this two door accord for over a year when I was young and it was really a sporty sedan that you cannot get required space and luxury in any other fast cars. Nice review adil bhai.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Ren13 said:

Sorry I got carried away but just did it 👍

On 8/10/2018 at 10:41 PM, adil said:

Im driving this car since 3 years now and I have saved quite a lot of money for long time to upograde my civic to 2 door accord - my dream car. Although it might not sound very fancy to the luxurious segment car owner but i belive for the common mass this is a top end car we can afford and having a coup is an added luxury.

Price: 130,000 AED (when new in 2014)

Bought for: 105,000 AED (In 2015)

1591935809_HondaAccordCoupe2014.JPG.d8c5ad119a7a5c25e86670aacaffee9c.JPG

418511793_HondaAccordCoupe20144.JPG.661b7ca275a429d063bb8c7427ad6985.JPG

Pros

- Awesome styling from wheels to the body
- Great on road presence among its league
- Very reliable and capable car overall
- Responsive handling and comfortable ride
- Top notch safety ratings and awesome cabin
- 4.7 rating out of 279 reviews

Cons

- Back seat not good for 6 feet size adult
- Honda parts are little expensive than others
- Starter failure - known problem
- Comes with pathetic tires, so change is needed
- Lane watch should be on both sides
- 3.5 is thirsty in city but on highway with ECON mode is very nice and reasonale

Specifications

Engine & Power
Engine Capacity (liters) 3.5
Cylinders V6
Drive Type Front Wheel
Fuel Tank Capacity (liters) 65
Fuel Economy (L/100 Km) 8.8
Fuel Type Petrol
Horsepower (bhp) 276 hp
Torque (Nm) 339
Transmission Automatic
Top Speed (Km/h) 212
Seating Capacity 5 Seater
Acceleration 0-100 Km/h 7.3 Sec
Measurements
Length (meters) 4.890
Width (meters) 1.850
Height (meters) 1.465
Wheelbase (meters) 2.775
Trunk Capacity (liters) 447

image.png.3cead3bb9d1bbf35a4cdce6066d107c1.png

2083148887_HondaAccordCoupe20143.JPG.6439d60e0e57538e2a584db093608a83.JPG

1830530525_HondaAccordCoupe20142.JPG.72203742be17288c8b3eb877fd70afa5.JPG

Although Honda Accord is a top choice for families, but many opting for serious upgrade from current entry level sedan chooses the Accord. It's 2 door coupe is among the most sportier option available from Honda with a very capable and responsive engine. I have never felt short of power when I really need to push this car for limits from zero stand still. For the great styling and road presence i can confidently say that it is the best looking japanese car in town. I hear that earlier than 2012 model gear was an issue, but this model so far has no issues on the cvt gearing and runs and drive perfect. I have completed almost 60,000 kms on this car and have not regretted this buy even for one day or one hour, it is the best thing I have done so far as im in love with this car, reliability, looks, performance, handling, boot space, fuel economy. ECO mode is good for highway to get good fuel mileage, if you use that in city car is less responsive and in case you hit throttle hard then car will jitter a bit to switch of econ and comes back to original 3.5 liter response.

The electronic adjustments could be more user friendly. I'm not an electronics person and don't care otherwise, but the system can be quirky. Mechanically, no complaints so far, haven't been in for anything more than routine maintenance and a recall regarding the battery sensor. I will highly advise changing out the factory tires as soon as you can because you'll be replacing them by 30,000 kms anyway. Car is perfectly roomy for 5 adults...plenty of leg room in the rear seating. Trunk is roomy, but entry could be wider.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this vehicle to friends and family, and Hondas in general. Can't go wrong!

Two of the best video reviews I searched to add more value for next buyer.

Yes Its a 2 In One Beauty And The Beast. Parts as you mentioned are expensive even the surplus ones. Honda is Honda with all the Pros and Cons. Nice Drive through Out

On 8/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Ren13 said:

Sorry I got carried away but just did it 👍

@Ren13 Aweson Pajero. I miss Mine ALOT!!!!

• Like (+1) 1