•  
Advertise here

Idle Control Valve for 6g72 (1999 Pajero) where to buy?

Hi guys,

I have a manual swb 1999 pajero and I think my ICV is ready to go with all the rev fluctuating.

Just want to ask where to buy ICV for my Pajero other than Habtoor. Price from them are way out of my budget, letting me think of letting go my beloved SWB.

Does any body know here where I can get a new one for a reasonable price. or I should start the scavenge hunt in mussafah or Sharja? 

BVB

If you’re going to buy new just buy from Habtoor. It will be a lot less hassle in the end. 

Second hand, call Imam Ali 0503068495. He owns jabal Tokyo spares in Sharjah industrial area 6. He will have it. He can be a bit expensive at first but if you keep going back and he gets to know you, the prices drop. 

Third option, take a day off work and head to saja’a. It’s worth a drive round there just to see the interesting stuff lying around. 

Sorry to say, but third option of scouting Sajja for 1999 shape Pajero is USELESS, I own one and regretted that few times in most desperate moments.

The second option is somewhat doable, contact Jabal tokyo owner Ahmed (056 9675230) and give Carnity reference or my name reference - Gaurav (if he still rem me) and asked him to find clean one from Japanese import (not GCC one's - highly abused)). If you are lucky, you will get one at a quarter of habtoor price.

However, the best is to get the new one from habtoor ONLY as Barry mentioned to avoid fake one selling at a premium price and failing after few months. I know that it's expensive as I bought once, I think 700-800 dhs but it's worth the hassle if you plan to keep the car.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Maybe a stupid question but have you cleaned the valve already ? It is not a complex thing to do and maybe worth giving it a try before ordering a new one. 

You mention the revs are fluctuating; if i am not mistaken many issues such a fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc.. could be related to this. You might want to get these checked too.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Fair point to identify other causes of failure, but ICV once gone you can barely clean and fix it. I tried that few times and it goes back to stalling car in the next day.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi guys, 

thanks for all the suggestions. I thnik cleaning it is out of the question. I know my way around cars and If I probably have a proper garage in a villa, I probably do basic maintenance myself. But this car its a bit old and there are alot of plastic parts that I do not want to break.

I’d still do the third option just to check out saja’a because I’ve never been, then on my way back, check out jabal tokyo (i think ive been there before when I had to search for a 6g74 engine for my first pajero). Then eventually buy the parts from habtoor when I dont get a decent one.

just to ask, Ive been searching the web for parts and found that its availble on ebay and amazon. Has anybody here have experience buy parts there?

I used to buy a lot of parts from eBay. You need to be careful. A lot of the time it says the seller is from Europe but when the part has arrived it has been dropshipped from China. I’ve got caught out a few times and there’s no way of knowing until the package shows up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sajja is a heaven for used spare parts and very well organized and shopkeepers are also better than shj scrapyard who are busy exporting wholesale and does not give a $h!t to the retail customers.

6 hours ago, Barry said:

I used to buy a lot of parts from eBay. You need to be careful. A lot of the time it says the seller is from Europe but when the part has arrived it has been dropshipped from China. I’ve got caught out a few times and there’s no way of knowing until the package shows up. 

I agree totally on this point, ebay is good but use it wiesly