•  
Advertise here

Idle Control Valve for 6g72 (1999 Pajero) where to buy?

20 minutes ago, bvb said:

I’ll definately file my leave for the saja’a and have my me time! 

If you are going for another car then you will enjoy but for sure "you will not find anything" for 99 Pajero and will be kept on referring to UAQ or Shj scrap behind the macro.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

If you are a car person you can never have a bad time at any scrapyard. Infact its one of my favorite pastimes. I was so excited to visit all the scrapyards here in RAK when I first moved here little over a year ago. 

One thing is for sure if you need anything for the first couple of generations of the Lexus LS this is the place. A couple of places dedicated entirely just to the Lexus LS here. Prices generally double of what you can expect in sharjah.

Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update. I still haven't gone to the above mentioned places, but the air filter that I ordered online came in yesterday. Air filter is one of the parts I am planning to replace along with the ICV and MAF. My air filter has not been replaced for a very long time. so out with the old in with the new. I notice that the air filter box is more sealed compared with the old filter. when I drove the car 'rev fluctuations' are not happening... today is the first day the started the car cold and drove to the office with out any issues.. I hope the air filter was the answer, if not then I will change the ICV, then the MAF. which more expensive combined than the value of my car. 

Note: I used a K&N filter which has a rubber frame. Maybe that's the reason why its more sealed than the previous filter. OEM filter has a plastic frame without any rubber seals.

Interesting. I switched from the OEM filter to the K&N model and both original and K&N model seal off pretty good. But it's good news that the rev fluctuations are not happening. The MAF sensor can indeed have an effect too, but they are indeed pretty expensive (+/- 2000AED) and imho not worth buying second-hand unless you are able to measure them on a scope for any dips or fluctuations. Cleaning the MAF on Mitsubishi is also a bit tricky (vortex system) so be careful when doing this.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Good luck @bvb, maybe we should make a Pajero club and meet, what you think @Frederic Nuyttens @Ren13...? We are 4 now

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Good luck @bvb, maybe we should make a Pajero club and meet, what you think @Frederic Nuyttens @Ren13...? We are 4 now

Count me in ! :)

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."