•  
Advertise here

American camry 2007 used in UAE is engine flushing with oil change required

I own a 2007 camry american specs in uae,i bought it as a used car from a dealer ,i gave it to garage for oil change and all maintenance work before 5000 km,now its time for oil change that is when i have heard of engine flush to revive the performance and mileage,i am planning on doing it in Adnoc sharjah along with oil change,car has done 126,000 miles.Is it necessary for engine flush or should i kust change the oil and filer .would appreciate your recommendations.

Camry 4 cylinder Se model 2007

I am not sure whether the car eva had an Engine flush as i bought it as a used car ,this would be the first 5000 km i have done on it before oil change its meter is already showing 126,000 miles done by previous owner,so is it advisable to get flush done and revive the engine,and i am worries will flushing destroy the car engine.would appreciate your valuable feed back.

8 minutes ago, aatish said:

Engine flush not required on every oil change, but good after 20000 km interval at least

I am not sure whether the car eva had an Engine flush as i bought it as a used car ,this would be the first 5000 km i have done on it before oil change its meter is already showing 126,000 miles done by previous owner,so is it advisable to get flush done and revive the engine,and i am worries will flushing destroy the car engine.would appreciate your valuable feed back.

You can ask the technician to check the oil quality to advise if flush is needed or not, more than likely they will say for more sales. Also you can put light inside inside the engine from oil cap and see if the engine is having dark brown marks or shiny clean. in brownish mark means it need cleaning

• Like (+1) 1

If an engine has been serviced on schedule and high quality oil has been used it should never need flushed. Remember these guys selling engine flush have sales targets and make commission.

Look inside the oil cap. It should be silver or light brown is ok. Black or lumpy bits is bad. If you can see gunk like this in one I done before it's probably too late and you'll need to take the engine apart to clean it.

• Like (+1) 2

Buy your own flush is better from retail shop like Liqui Moly or other good branded ones, than going with the unheard product sold at service station that doesn't do any good to engine cleaning. I remember bilstein engine flush used to be in emarat station and they used to hook the machine to flush engine with couple of rounds iun 15-20 mins and glass bottle use to show the crap out of your engine in end, but it was expensive like 500 dhs and that's why they closed that service. If you can still find such in other emirates go for that please anyday.

Or just do the old trick of adding a little ATF 100-500ish kms to the engine before doing an oil change. 

Also a product not available locally called seafoam, many people swear by it in the states and many actual and honest reviews about it online too. 

Please dont try this ATF bull shit if you love your car as there is no such thing that higher viso oil will clean the engine. it need proper chemical to clean and atf is made for automatic transmission and power steering only and not for dishwashing plates

• Like (+1) 1

The engine flush you buy in the parts shop is made from petroleum distillates with a few additives such as zinc so technically it is more or less just a lighter oil.

More specifically, it's mainly paraffin aka kerosene, so if you change your own oil and want to save some money, just use paraffin. Throw in 500ml, let the engine run for 10-15 minutes and drain when still warm.

Seafoam is a mix of pale oil, naphthalene and isopropyl alcohol. So in theory you can mix paraffin with a bit of IPA and hey presto, DIY Seafoam.

• Like (+1) 1