•  
Advertise here

Tesla rated least reliable

Barry

The cars you can - and can't - depend on. Cheap and cheerful Suzuki tops reliability survey while Elon Musk's Tesla is rock bottom

1. Suzuki - 97.7%

2. Lexus - 97.5%

3. Toyota - 96.8%

=4. Kia - 95.8%

=4. Mitsubishi - 95.8%

=4. Subaru - 95.8%

7. Skoda - 95.6%

8. Alfa Romeo - 95.5%

9. Hyundai - 95.4%

10. Seat - 95.2%

=11. Vauxhall - 94.6%

=11. Mazda - 94.6%

13. Dacia - 94.1%

14. Fiat - 94.0%

15. Honda - 93.8%

16. BMW - 93.4% 

17. Volkswagen - 92.9%

18. Ford - 92.7%

19. Renault - 91.7%

=20. Audi - 91.5%

=20. Volvo - 91.5%

22. Mini - 91.2%

23. Porsche - 90.9%

24. Peugeot - 89.4%

25. Citroen - 88.1%

26. Mercedes-Benz - 88.0%

27. Nissan - 87.1%

28. Jaguar - 84.9%

29. Jeep - 82.7%

30. Land Rover - 76.5%

31. Tesla - 57.3%

Source: What Car? Reliability Survey 2018

• Like (+1) 1

True that it's not reliable.. But the technology is amazing. The thrust you feel when it accelerates is out of this world. I have been in a p100d 2 weeks ago and I loved it at the same time hate it for being electric... and its cool to see one silently floating by! Their customer service is so good that they give higher model loaner cars to those who are having problems - with their car and is being serviced. (you could have a used 85d and still get a p100d from either model x or s. So you will be wishing for tesla taking their maximum time available to repair while enjoying their top end car xD based on reviews and what customers said)

Meanwhile, the only manufacturer that doesn't give any support/info/parts for DIY repairs *big thumbs down* 

after watching this video, i have a new pov towards tesla as well 

Edited by hAwX
  • Like (+1) 1

I read an article a few weeks ago about a guy in America who was buying up crashed/damaged/insurance write off Tesla’s and using the parts to repair other damaged cars. Can’t find the article now. 

56 minutes ago, Barry said:

I read an article a few weeks ago about a guy in America who was buying up crashed/damaged/insurance write off Tesla’s and using the parts to repair other damaged cars. Can’t find the article now. 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

7 hours ago, Barry said:

That's because Tesla won't even sell you a screw, all repairs have to be done at Tesla or authorized shops and even they cant sell you any parts, so for DIYs or out of warranty no stealer repairs writes off are the only source of sparesparts 

9 hours ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

Rich Rebuilds channel in Youtube.. Great one for those who are interested in tesla rebuild projects. 
His first running tesla only cost him 6500usd and i think 6 months of time 

It’s just a matter of time before, if it’s not in process already, someone sends their cars to China for disassembly and reverse engineering and spares become available on the open market. Copyright and intellectual property count for nothing over there. I know some people will baulk at Chinese parts but you get what you pay for over there, same as anywhere else really. If you send the job to the lowest bidder, you will get the crappiest parts. Spend a bit more and you will get quality gear. 

• Like (+1) 1