•  
Advertise here

Mitsubishi Pajero Timing belt Replacement

First of all thank you for this discussion thread.

I have the following piece of information to share regarding cost of timing belt replacement:

I put my car in the workshop for 100K service which is covered in a PM contract this morning. The indicative price for replacing timing belt and spark plugs is around 3700 AED with an ongoing campaign discount and it is not covered by the PM contract thus I have to pay.

regards,

Edited by maharuf

the cost should not go that up as @Barry stated earlier different driving styles result in difference in consumption of parts

unless you have leaking valve covers plugs seals and cam and crank seals and all bearings and w/p shot

Edited by shadow79
more info

50 minutes ago, maharuf said:

First of all thank you for this discussion thread.

I have the following piece of information to share regarding cost of timing belt replacement:

I put my car in the workshop for 100K service which is covered in a PM contract this morning. The indicative price for replacing timing belt and spark plugs is around 3700 AED with an ongoing campaign discount and it is not covered by the PM contract thus I have to pay.

regards,

I hate to say it but you got screwed. Better to go to a small garage, get the work done for a small price, tell nobody and keep the receipt to show to the next buyer that the work was done and keep the resale value up. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/30/2017 at 12:41 AM, Barry said:

That is a crazy price. I can do it for a quarter of that using genuine Mitsubishi parts 

You fancy doing my belt Barry? Still driving around on borrowed time st 120,000k 2009. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Barry said:

I hate to say it but you got screwed. Better to go to a small garage, get the work done for a small price, tell nobody and keep the receipt to show to the next buyer that the work was done and keep the resale value up. 

I dont think @maharufgot screwed. I think he got screwed and robbed at the same time. 

I am going to authorize the timing belt replacement job for the indicated price now. I have figured out that I am neither going to be screwed nor be robbed by the Mitsubishi workshop with the parts I am going to get replaced with that money. Anyways thank you for your inputs.

• Confused (0) 1