•  
Advertise here

First Batch of Dubai Metro Trains Arriving in November

Car News

Official announcement by Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) indicates that the first batch of 50 trains for the Dubai Metro will be arriving in November. These trains have recently been tested at Alstom Company's factory in Poland and will soon arrive in Dubai. 15 out of them will be used for the Dubai Expo 2020 while the remaining will be used by the Dubai Metro Service.

The new trains will boast a phenomenal design and improved interior with a carriage reserved especially for women and children, while another carriage for gold class passengers. All remaining carriages will be classified as ‘silver class’. Moreover, the design of the luggage compartment has been revamped as well to allow standing commuters to travel easily.

Furthermore, these trains will have digital maps with routes and stations clearly marked. Also, the current metro train carries 643 passengers while the new ones will accommodate up to 696 passengers. The last batch of trains will be delivered by October 2019.

The arrival of these new trains is definitely a great news for Dubai residents as it will make traveling to the Dubai Expo 2020 convenient for everyone. What new features do you think will be present on these trains which are not on the current metro trains?

Hopefully the rules will be better enforced on the new trains. Especially standing to one side and letting people off first, and no standing in the middle of the doorway when people are trying to get on. I'm not a violent person but sometimes the metro brings me close to losing my temper. They should take a leaf out of Japan's book where speaking is frowned upon. One thing I would like to see implemented is that if you smell bad then no admittance. The smell on the train is horrible sometimes, even in the morning. How can people not wash and wear the same clothes day after day?

I am surprised that they moved away from Kinki Sharyo trains. The current fleet is fantastic, it's just the people riding it and the lack of rule enforcement.