•  

Open Club  ·  66 members

New Tech

Peugeot E-legend

Barry

3 hours ago, sertac said:

People who like mostly elderly uncle`s car Corolla wont understand why people like Peugeot and Citroen.

Outside of Europe no one really cares about these French POS's. And there is a reason for that. And dont say Africa they dont like the newer one either

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

Outside of Europe no one really cares about these French POS's. And there is a reason for that. And dont say Africa they dont like the newer one either

They also did not like the old ones...

3 hours ago, shadow79 said:

well you can do those things and even more on a corolla, celica or a starlet...

What things? 

• Like (+1) 1

@treks the things @sertac posted and even much more...even the production numbers are fancy and i guess the Peugeot total production numbers might not compete with it...

@shadow79 so you think there is more starlet turbo than 106 GTI produced. I dont think so. No way. Instead of middle east no one knows abot those toyota`s. There are some Corolla T sports which is like not even %5 when you compare with comparatives. Celica very rare and Starlet turbo almost none.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, treks said:

They also did not like the old ones...

For a time Pug's were popular in Northern Africa in places like Egypt, Morroco etc etc and mostly used as Taxi's. Bet you could still find a few there today also. 

• Like (+1) 2

the car including its subdivisions produced more the 44.5 million i don't guess that's 0.5% of the market

in every 5 cars across the world you will one from toyota

it made gm to change the way they design their fuel guzzlers hell even made them to shut down and run for their money

just go to any street and start counting the cars according to their brands i guess you will know what i am talking about...

those pesky peugeots are here running only because their owners were using them in their own countries nostalgia effect nothing more...

its a very reliable car thats why its running a lot around...

• Haha (+1) 1

The problem here in uae is ignorance. And I’m not trying to be a dick by saying that. People here have little to no experience of some cars so just immediately write them off as French scrap without really knowing anything about them. @sertac and me are from countries where pugs are  plentiful and make perfect sense on the narrower, twister roads. Driving on wide open dubai roads is one thing but going down a narrow lane in a Peugeot 205 at 90mph, engine screaming, with the trees flying past on your side windows is incomparable. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live. 

• Like (+1) 1

You mean toyotas? There are plenty in Ireland, always have been since the 70s, and also a huge JDM import scene. I’ve owned one of everything at home (not really but you get what I mean), and the only car I ever kept and will not let go of is my Peugeot. No Toyota ever compared. They got me from a to b reliably but there was no passion in it. Just to really make everyone sick in their mouth, it was a 60bhp diesel and is now a 250bhp diesel with almost 400nm of torque. That’s in a car weighing under 800kg. Next time I go home I’m planning to stick a 100 shot of nitrous in it.

Keep your yank V8s. My BHP per tonne will crush you and I have the added bonus of being able to go around corners. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use