•  

Open Club  ·  66 members

New Tech

Peugeot E-legend

Barry

2 hours ago, shadow79 said:

the car including its subdivisions produced more the 44.5 million i don't guess that's 0.5% of the market

in every 5 cars across the world you will one from toyota

it made gm to change the way they design their fuel guzzlers hell even made them to shut down and run for their money

just go to any street and start counting the cars according to their brands i guess you will know what i am talking about...

those pesky peugeots are here running only because their owners were using them in their own countries nostalgia effect nothing more...

its a very reliable car thats why its running a lot around...

I was thinking we were talking about sports cars. Every 1000 Toyota you can only find 1 sports model. Others are out of subject. We were talking crazy track day use of sport Peugeots. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Barry said:

The problem here in uae is ignorance. And I’m not trying to be a dick by saying that. People here have little to no experience of some cars so just immediately write them off as French scrap without really knowing anything about them. @sertac and me are from countries where pugs are  plentiful and make perfect sense on the narrower, twister roads. Driving on wide open dubai roads is one thing but going down a narrow lane in a Peugeot 205 at 90mph, engine screaming, with the trees flying past on your side windows is incomparable. Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live. 

I used to feel this way about some Alfa Romeos. Back in the day, there was nothing that could touch a 2L Alfetta in the handling department, and a large part of the performance department as well, but those days are long gone. All the good Alfa's have rusted away.

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1

I think I posted this before here somewhere. I bought an alfasud a few years ago because I wanted the carbs for something else, it was cheap enough to warrant buying the car just to get the parts. I knew before I got there it would be rotten but when I got there, all that was left was the engine with a couple of pieces of rusty metal hanging off the mounts. 

• Like (+1) 1

@sertac are you talking about these cars then you can easily convert your everyday corolla in these performance wise just by buying a rally edition halfcut from japan and toss the parts in you wont even have to worry about passing too

124_Toyota_Corolla_WRC_1998_Safari_Rally.jpeg

546b201b11f84_-_wrccelica1-lg.jpg

2003-Rally-spec-Toyota-corolla.jpg

corolla.jpg

corolla.jpg

Corolla-iM-Rally.jpg

gt_rally_car_1.jpg

rolla_2005_2_b.jpg

41fHjs5Dx7L.jpg

Toyota-Corolla-GT86-Rally-car.jpg

toyota-corolla-s2000.jpg

By throwing enough money and parts at it. You can turn any car into a power and handling beast so thats not the point of the discussion. 

Point is out of the factory French cars sucked ass. Not a single one to date I can say, yeah I wouldn't mind having that. 

And I'm the kind of guy who doesn't really care about maintenance, fuel consumption or resale value. Being a long term owner of many Land Rovers is a testament to that. 

If I like it, it appeals to me, has character and I can afford it, then I'm getting it. And a French car has never done that for me. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Ok that Corolla is a WRC model. You can’t just “get a half cut from Japan”. A running one is going to cost you anywhere from 6-700k dhs.

The Celica is a GT4 ST185. Good luck finding a half cut for that. Even if you do, you’ll be missing half the 4 wheel drive system and the floorpan is different to the standard car anyway. 

The AE86 has a certain coolness about it but it’s really nothing special. It’s a 130 BHP Corolla. The only saving factor is that it came from the factory with LSD so can drift with a few suspension mods. 

• Like (+1) 1

@Barry i have seen a 4 wheel corolla and the trd one to being made out of half cuts...the 4 wheel chassis is same as the front wheel one you just have to remove and toss the parts

and if you buying proper half cut of these cars they come with the doors trunk shaft and the rear differential...:-D

and celica the 3s-gte turbo engine with wiring and the manifolds you will get for around 7k you can easily toss that one in camrys and the rav4 of the same era....

Edited by shadow79
more info

29 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Point is out of the factory French cars sucked ass. Not a single one to date I can say, yeah I wouldn't mind having that. 

If I remember correctly, you had Peugeot 206 ish once in red or blue color when you were in Discovery Garden

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Nope never had one. My Dutch neighbor's girlfriend had a red one who asked me to sell it for 4k. After he had spent around that much fixing an AC issue by changing some crap near the transmission lever a few months ago.

18 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If I remember correctly, you had Peugeot 206 ish once in red or blue color when you were in Discovery Garden

If you think back my only car which was a non 4x4 which I ever owned was my first car. 1992 Civic accord, which I drove on export plates for three months and sold it. 

My Dad had imported a Station wagon Ford Taurus and a VW Golf from Japan which he let me drive until he sold them. 

And all of this was before I met you. So Ive owned only one non SUV in my entire life. 

• Like (+1) 1

For Peugeot you dont need to throw any money it is coming ready from the factory.

250 GTI, 106 GTI, 306 GTI, 206 RC, 207 RC, 208 GTI, 308 GTI, RCZ R just buy and take it to track day. 

RCZ R hold the FWD best lap time of Istanbul Park for a long long time. It was a factory car without anything. This car is coming from factory 1.6 270hp engine LSD diff and manuel gearbox. 

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use