•  
Advertise here

Does 2008 Pajero has timing chain or timing belt?

mitsubishi's mostly have engine with belts only some recent models came with chain you can spot them easily by just looking at the timing cover if its plastic then its belt as chains usually have a single metal covering with small bolted and siliconed covers usually for tensioners and other things

10 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

mitsubishi's mostly have engine with belts only some recent models came with chain you can spot them easily by just looking at the timing cover if its plastic then its belt as chains usually have a single metal covering with small bolted and siliconed covers usually for tensioners and other things

Possibility of any image ? cause for lame person its very difficult to understand 

dont have any pajero 2008 in for now but if you can post the area behind the clutch fan of your car then we can input something....as far as i know the diesel one has the chain and the petrol one is having belt....

Edited by shadow79
more info

I'm over 90% sure that 2008 Pajero came with the timing belt, as in Mitsubishi majority vehicles have timing belt other than some specialized one like Evo and Eclipse came with a chain in few years only.

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

100% it’s a belt.

I don’t know about the eclipse, never worked on one but as @Gaurav said, the later Evos had a chain. In such a case, the chain still needs maintenance at 60k. It’s not a case of change belts but chains are always ok as many people think. Chains stretch, especially on newer cars with VVT where there is extra strain on the chain. A stretched chain can easily see you with bent valves or broken rockers. 

• Haha (+1) 1