•  
Advertise here

Is Riding Motorcycle safe in UAE ?

Sidshk

9 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Probably you have not done biking enough, that's why.

I have driven for 3 years every day to work and then for race and rallies during the weekend. I was probably having the fastest bike in Delhi in 1997-2000, good ol days.

@Gauravbhai which one u had ? and which one u like to have now ?

Edited by Sidshk

I had Suzuki Shaolin, India's first bike with 5 gears. The only bike that used to eat the competition was Yahama 350 with double the hp, but only in the long stretch. After the first few months, all my friends and colleagues stopped racing with me, but random road warriors always used to challenge in Delhi traffic. My best timing was 15 minutes for a 22km stretch with 12 red lights and 2 traffic-filled areas. I used to have the same color as in the second video, rather I still have but in rusted and dying state.

Now, I have no clue but when I get the license (someday) will do the research and decide.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I'm with skumar83 on this one, totally against bikes, seem enough people I know die or severely injured here on bike now that I totally hate them. 

I would rather drive a 1977 corolla than the best bike in the world today and that's saying a lot.

The crochet rocket is nothing but a one way ticket to hell invented by satan himself 

4 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I'm with skumar83 on this one, totally against bikes, seem enough people I know die or severely injured here on bike now that I totally hate them. 

I would rather drive a 1977 corolla than the best bike in the world today and that's saying a lot.

The crochet rocket is nothing but a one way ticket to hell invented by satan himself 

Did you ever rode a Cruiser or Touring bike ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sidshk said:

Did you ever rode a Cruiser or Touring bike ?

👍

1 hour ago, Sidshk said:

In fact i also started my first ride on Shaolin my cousin used to owe one , question why you never opted for license in UAE  

I have no clue seriously, may be its a leisure project so always on low priority of time management to apply for license.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Sidshk what kind of bike are you looking for? Cruiser, tourer, sports etc. What do you want to do? Commute? Long weekend trips?

My first bike was a Kawasaki GT550 like this

F7808995-3DE2-44EE-86B3-7E80469C3102.jpeg.34ae042a56db9035c86785221dafae8c.jpeg

The engine was a bit rattly, it burnt oil and it struggled to get over 100 MPH but I loved it. I put a 421 manifold and huge Yoshimura backbox on it and it was properly loud. The thing I loved most about it was that I was shaft drive. No chains or sprockets to wear out and no time wasted aligning the back wheel. 

12 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Anything with two wheels is the same to me, doesn't matter. Evil death traps.

The thing about bikes is that you either get them or you don’t. And you don’t which I completely understand. I lost my cousin a few years ago in a bike accident. He came off a corner in the rain, hit a telegraph pole and snapped his spine in half. My family hold a bike event every year in  his memory. He died doing what he loved so that’s what we celebrate rather than be sad forever.

On the other hand, a bike gives the kind of freedom you can never feel in a car. It’s literally just you and the road, man and machine. Hitting a bump and lifting your front tyre at 80MPH gives you the kind of buzz you can never get in a car. And the acceleration. OMG. There’s nothing more fun than outrunning guys in £15k M3s on a £1k shitbike. 

10 minutes ago, Sidshk said:

This  is what i was riding past month in India 

Bajaj avenger 220 

bajaj-avenger-220-dts-i-640.jpg.b7492c931dc5cdf84108a32ed4eeccee.jpg

This is wat i m looking to ride, mostly on weekend or long ride on holidays 

Basically a Cruiser or touring , i not big fan of Sports bike  

1024x768_mar_2016_1024x768.jpg.34c980b139ea7bd26eacd722feeacd6e.jpg

Look into the Honda ST1300 Pan European. It’s a smaller version of the Goldwing without the old man rider stigma attached to it. My friend had one and I borrowed it a few times. It’s the perfect tourer.

0900ACBA-8833-4568-98E5-BE0D96F029F7.jpeg.6a31cab095db7f51cddf7b9c856d23a5.jpeg